Sundays - 3:00 PM
- Knowledgeable tour providers have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, The Sun and The Boston Globe
- Enjoy up to 4 tastings which may include modern American and Asian influences, Mediterranean desserts, Malaysian street food and more
- Discover this neighborhood's unique history and diversity through it's cuisine!
Enjoy traditional ceremonies and cuisine in authentic surroundings on the Dupont Circle Food Tour!
Dupont Circle has been known as Washington D.C.'s most cosmopolitan neighborhood for over 30 years. See first-hand how the stunning mansions and grand row houses of Dupont Circle portray the opulence of late 19th century Washington DC.
The immaculately built embassies bring global diversity to the district, especially evident in cuisine as over 50 countries are represented in the neighborhood alone.
Although you will be tasting cuisines from all over, the tour will begin and end with flavors close to home. You will be served dishes that rely on locally sourced ingredients as well as hand-crafted beverages and desserts.
Tastings on this tour may include (and are subject to change):
- Bistro style American and Asian influences
- Progressive locally influenced Mexican cuisine
- Selection of authentic Turkish dishes, tea, coffee
- Malaysian street food sampler
- Mediterranean desserts
- Participants can expect to walk for about half of this 3.5-hour tour
- Tastings are included in the price
- Up to 4 stops for tastings that will happily fill most stomachs
up to 12 people per tour
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside most of the establishments on the tour.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. Comfortable shoes are recommended for this 3.5-hour walking tour.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
How much food is served on the tour?
You will stop at up to 4 tasting locations for small, specialty meal samples.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Most food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated on this tour. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any special requests at the time of booking.
What about taking children on the tour?
Children are welcome on the tour. Please note that the tour is 3.5 hours long with standing and walking.
If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
Children under the age of 7 that will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket. However, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
This tour covers some uneven terrain. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if any guests in your party will need wheelchair assistance.
Are restrooms available during the tour?
Yes, restrooms are available during the tour. The tour will stop at each restaurant for 20-25 minutes, which includes time to use the bathrooms.
How much walking is involved?
Participants can expect to walk for approximately half of this 3.5-hour tour at a comfortable pace. Each restaurant stop will last approximately 20-25 minutes with seating subject to availability.
Is gratuity included in the price of this tour?
Gratuity is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
What happens if it rains or snows?
This tour is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside most of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 76 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(3)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences
"We were very disappointed in the Dupont Circle Food Tour. There were 6 of us that booked this tour, and the restaurants and information were quite disappointing. First we thought we would be taken to great restaurants that actually have some history or roots in Dupont Circle. What we got was 2 restaurants in hotels with very unsatisfactory food, and a Mediterranean store where we tasted olive oil and felt pressured to buy stuff. The only saving grace was the last Jewish deli that was really good and actually had Dupont Circle roots. When we were taken to these places, we were seated and given a small plate of food and that is it. The guide did not inform us of why this particular food or restaurant was chosen. In-between places we were given some history, but not much and you could barely hear him as it was loud, and most of the time he never faced us. If we are to purchase these tours I would expect a little more knowledge and restaurants that have some significant history in the city. We would not do this again nor recommend it to anyone. Very disappointed as the other 4 people we were with are friends that I asked to come on this tour. Thank you."