Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Enjoy stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River and much more
- Assist the crew with the balloon inflation process or watch as it takes shape before your eyes
- Embrace the serenity as you float effortlessly 1,500 to 3,000 feet above the ground
- An uplifting experience you will remember for a lifetime
Picture yourself floating serenely over the stunning Shenandoah Valley with nothing but the occasional blast of the burners to disturb the peace.
Float majestically through the sky in a graceful hot air balloon enjoying the romance, tranquility and breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains, Shenandoah River and the many vineyards that call this area home.
Ballooning is an intoxicating experience, and an absolute must for any romantic.
Participants must be at least 10 years of age or at least 54" tall. Please contact Cloud 9 Living if you are over 230 lbs as additional charges may apply.
3-4 hours total. 1 hour of flight time.
5 per balloon
Allowed, you can watch the balloon take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Sunglasses and a brimmed hat recommended. No open toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
How do you steer a hot air balloon?
Air currents move in different directions at different altitudes. Before your flight the pilot will get detailed weather information which will let him know the altitudes and directions of these currents. He may also launch a small helium balloon from the launch site to test the air currents at that particular location. The pilot will use all of this information during your flight to navigate the balloon and provide you with the best flight possible. It will also allow him to choose the most favorable landing site.
How do you get back to the launch site?
Some of the crew that helped to put up the balloon will follow along on the ground. This is called a balloon chase. The balloon and chase crew are in radio communication with one another at all times.
How should I dress?
Balloons are flown in all seasons, so dress the way you would for a short hike in the season you are flying. If it is cool, dress warm, if it's hot dress cool. Please no sandals or flip-flops. The temperature during flight will be very close to the temperature on the ground. A hat and sunglasses are also good to bring along.
Can I bring a camera?
Absolutely, cameras and video cameras are encouraged. A balloon flight is one of the greatest adventures you will ever have, and you will want to capture it on film. For safety reasons we ask that any cameras you bring be equipped with a neck strap. It is also a good idea to bring a small camera case. All devices must be stowed away before landing.
Can I bring my cell phone?
Yes, however all cell phones must be turned off before launch.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCFrom: $229Avg Rating of: 4-half(12)
- Capitol Hill Food TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $255
- Whitewater RaftingFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(34)
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Private Wine Education TourFrom: $105
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseFrom: $120Avg Rating of: 4(8)
- All Washington DC Experiences