Kayak the Potomac
April - September:
Select Saturdays - 9:00 AM & 2:00 PM
Click here for schedule
- The first kayak school in the nation to be both an American Canoe Association (ACA) Pro School and a British Canoe Union (BCU) Endorsed Center
- No kayaking experience necessary
- Paddle by wildlife such as heron, kingfisher, turtles and more
- Great experience for families and anyone looking to spend a relaxing day on the water!
Learn to Kayak the Potomac River on this 4-hour excursion with an experienced guide!
This trip is designed for beginners and will provide you will full instruction to safely navigate your flat-water kayak through calm waters.
In addition to discovering the flora and fauna of this local treasure, you will learn the history of the Chesapeake & Ohio (C&O) Canal. Catch a glimpse of heron, kingfisher, white-tailed deer and painted turtles as you learn about the many wild inhabitants of the river ecosystem.
Spend a morning or afternoon exploring the Potomac River for spectacular views as you learn to kayak!
- Participants must be at least 10 years old and 90 pounds
- Includes kayak, paddle and PFD
- Participants can expect moderate exercise throughout the trip including minor assisted portage of a 35 pound kayak
- Recommended to bring a light, waterproof snack (e.g. a protein or granola bar) and bottle of water
- No kayak experience necessary
Up to 14 people per group
This experience is only for booked participants.
This experience runs rain or shine. In the event your experience is canceled due to extreme inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear synthetic under-layers, a bathing suit and closed-toe shoes. Cotton clothes are not recommended as they hold and retain water. Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is included?
This Kayak the Potomac experience includes akayak, paddle and personal flotation device (PFD).
What should I bring?
It is recommended to bring a light, waterproof snack (e.g. a protein or granola bar) and bottle of water. Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat!
Are there any age requirements?
Participants must be at least 10 years of age and 90 pounds. Please note, this experience is geared towards adults.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(22)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences