Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- A ground lesson will teach you about controls and the flight provides hands-on experience
- Friendly and experienced FAA-certified commercial pilots and flight instructors will teach you to climb, descend and make turns
- Great introductory experience and first lesson for anyone who dreams of learning to fly!
Enjoy spectacular views of the Washington DC countryside as you take to the sky and Learn to Fly!
This personal piloting experience begins with a pre-flight inspection of the airplane and controls to prepare you for the most exhilarating part - flying! With an experienced commercial pilot by your side in a Cessna you'll learn to climb, descend and make turns with complete security and of the feeling of great accomplishment.
Relish in this unforgettable experience of flying along winding country roads, flowing streams and climbing over ridge lines!
- Participants and passengers must be at least 18 years of age
- 1-Hr Piloting Experience for 1 Student option: This flight will be held in a Cessna 162. Maximum individual participant weight is 200 pounds.
- 1-Hr Piloting Experience for 1 Student + 1 Passenger option: This flight will take place in a Cessna 172. The option is for 1 student over 200 pounds or 1 student plus 1 passenger with a combined weight less than 400 pounds.
- All participants & passengers will be required to sign a release of liability waiver
- No experience necessary
Approximately 1.5 - 2 hours total: a 30-minute pre-flight briefing, 60 minutes in the aircraft and debriefing
1 student and up to 1 passenger depending upon the option selected. Subject to the weight requirements set forth above.
Students may bring 1 passenger aboard for the flight depending on the option selected. Additional spectators may come to the airport to watch and take pictures of take-off and/or landing.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your flight is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably and appropriately for expected weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, your experience cannot be canceled. Rescheduling is allowed with at least 14 days notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age requirements?
All participants and passengers must be at least 18 years of age.
What type of plane will I be flying?
You will fly either a Cessna 162 or a Cessna 172 depending on the option you select. The Cessna 162 is for an individual participant whereas the Cessna 172 allows for the participant to bring up to 1 passenger, pending weight restrictions.
Are there any weight restrictions?
The Cessna 162 is for 1 participant with a maximum weight of 200 pounds. The Cessna 172 is for 1 student over 200 pounds or 1 student plus 1 passenger with a combined weight less than 400 pounds.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 76 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(22)From: $224
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $61
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $85
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $250
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(11)From: $131
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $167
- All Washington DC Experiences
"I received this gift from my wife on September 14th of 2015. We finally flew August 4th, 2016. Between the weather & some pilot mix-ups, it was a long wait. Our final pilot, Kendall, was amazing & worth waiting for. It was an amazing experience!!"
"Tim was great! He made my first flight experience very easy, relaxed, and memorable. He explained everything very well, and let me take the controls in the air. I would highly recommend Av-Ed Flight School and look forward to perhaps doing my future private pilot training with them!"