Middleburg, VA - Departs from Washington DC
- Explore the region with a top rated experience provider on TripAdvisor
- Travel in style aboard a luxury bus
- Visit 3 unique vineyards and enjoy a catered lunch with a wine pairing
- Learn why the Middleburg Wine Region is fast becoming the premier wine-lovers destination in the East!
Discover the fine wines and scenic beauty of Long Island's North Fork during a full-day, guided winery tour!
The Middleburg Virginia American Viticultural Area (AVA) was founded in 2012 and is fast becoming the premier wine producing region in the East. Located just 50 miles outside Washington DC, grapes grown here benefit from unique agricultural conditions created by the Blue Ridge Mountains. Today, the region boasts approximately 30 wineries and is a popular destination for those looking to get out of the city.
Your day will begin at Union Station in Washington DC, where you will meet your guide and find a seat aboard the luxury bus. Sit back and relax as you make the approximately 1.5-hour drive out to the Middleburg Region. Once there you will visit 3 separate wineries, each with their own style and approach to wine making. Spend your day learning about the unique character of these Virginian wines and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch, so you won't go hungry! Before you know it, it will be time to get back on the bus and head back to DC.
You'll be planning your next trip out there before you even make it home!
Middleburg Winery Tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from DC
- Visits to 3 separate vineyards
- Hearty catered lunch with wine pairing
- Souvenir tasting glass
- Must be at least 21 years old with valid photo ID to participate
- Please bring some snacks for the bus ride there and back, a bottle of water, cash/credit if you want to purchase any bottles of wine you like, and a valid ID
- Wine tastings are not included in the price, this tour includes 1 wine pairing at the second winery
- Participants have to use provided transportation
- Tour includes round-trip transportation from DC, visits to 3 separate vineyards, hearty catered lunch at the second stop with a wine pairing, anda tasting glass for you to keep
Approximately 9 hours round trip
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 50 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience will generally operate in all types of weather conditions, but in the event of severe weather may be canceled. In the event of a cancellation, your tour date will be rescheduled.
What to Wear:
Please wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the season and be sure to bring your photo ID!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations can be made. You may reschedule your experience up to two weeks prior to your booked date at no charge. Rescheduling within 14 days of your booked experience will result in a fee of $15 per person.
Can I drive myself to the wineries?
No, this tour includes round-trip transportation from DC and is required. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride (and the wine)!
Should I bring some food or snacks?
If you like, you are welcome to pack some snacks. However, a picnic lunch will be provided as well as an antipasti platter. There will also be ample opportunity to purchase a few snacks at the wineries!
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(25)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(22)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences