May through October:
Select Saturdays - 11:30 AM
Click here for schedule
- Leading outdoor enthusiasts on adventures for over 35 years providing you with a personable and enthusiastic guide to lead the way
- Dependent on water levels, canoe or kayak down the Shenandoah River
- Includes a riverside picnic lunch
- Wrap up the day at an award-winning distillery for a sampling of delicious libations!
Escape to the Shenandoah River, home of lush landscapes and abundant wildlife. On your paddle you may encounter deer, otters, beaver, herons, osprey, egrets or even bald eagles!
After your paddle you will shuttle to your car and drive ten minutes down the road to a local distillery (and the hooch!). At the distillery you will receive 5 complimentary tastings sure to please your taste buds.
Enjoy a guided tour of the beautiful farm before spending the afternoon in a picnic area listening to live music and indulging in an Italian nibble feast. Fare may include bruschetta, pepperonata, mini meatballs in gravy, caprese crostini,prosciutto wrapped melon, caprese on a stick, Tuscan chicken salad and pepperoni rolls.
Paddle to the Hooch is the perfect way to spend a day with nature!
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age
- Participants must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol
- A water bottle is highly recommended as water is not included
- Picnic lunch is included with chips, cookie and seasonal fruit: Veggie box (hummus, alfalfa sprouts, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot and lettuce in a tortilla); Ham box (ham with cheddar cheese, lettuce, herb oil and honey mustard); Chicken box (smoked chicken, lettuce, herb oil and honey mustard)
This experience is approximately 7.5 hours in length, but may vary based on water levels.
Up to 40 participants
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. It is recommended to wear a bathing suit in warmer weather and to wear layers in cooler weather. Jeans and cotton shirts are not recommended. Bring a dry change of clothes, a towel, sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
How long is the paddle?
The paddle will range from 3-7 miles depending on water levels.
How many drinks will I sample?
You will have the opportunity to taste 5 of the distillery's amazing creations.
Is lunch included?
A picnic lunch is included in the price of this experience. You will be able to select 1 of 3 box lunches: Veggie box (hummus, alfalfa sprouts, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot and lettuce in a tortilla); Ham box (ham with cheddar cheese, lettuce, herb oil and honey mustard); Chicken box (smoked chicken, lettuce, herb oil and honey mustard). All box lunches come with chips, a cookie and seasonal fruit.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCAvg Rating of: 5(24)From: $349
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $70
- Capitol Hill Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $61
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Fly a WWII BiplaneAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $250
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Private Wine Education TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(7)From: $85
- All Washington DC Experiences
"Fantastic guide, great visit to the Sweet Shine. All four of us had a great time! I've even recommended this trip to two people for next season!"
"It was a great way to spend the day. My husband loves the outdoors and I booked this as his birthday present. The kayaking was active, and relaxing at the distillery was a great way to finish out the day!"
"My fiancée and I had a had a blast canoeing down the Shenandoah River! The trip was a perfect length, and the distillery trip was a great way to round out the day."