Annapolis Food and Historical Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Friday through Sunday - 1:00 PM
Step back in time to explore the city by foot with an 18th-century Colonial-clad guide on this Annapolis Food and Historical Tour!
- Certified history loving tour guides, many having over 10 years of guiding experience
- Enjoy 4-5 tastings which may include award winning she crab soup, oyster shooters, craft beers, authentic 18th century popovers and more
- Experience Annapolis through the history, architecture, culture and of course, the food!
Discover some of the city's most celebrated 21st century culinary delights on the Annapolis Food and Historical Tour!
Your knowledgeable guide will narrate stories about the 18th-century culture of the rich and famous, the middle class and the poor. Visit homes of those who signed the Declaration of Independence and learn about the role women played.
Annapolis has been known for its "good eats" for hundreds of years. Colonial Annapolis had the means for its natives to live like kings on the bounty of both the Chesapeake Bay and the rich land. The city is still known today for its delicious food and culinary scene.
You'll visit a number of local restaurants throughout the tour to enjoy small dishes and tastings. Specialties on this tour may include (and are subject to change):
- Tastings from a tavern frequented by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin
- Locally sourced dishes from one of the regions top restaurants
- Authentic 18th century popovers
- Award winning she-crab soup
- Premium coffee from a family run coffeehouse
- Housemade sangria
- Oyster shooters
- Craft beers
- Fresh seafood
- Smith Island cake
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you
- Participants can expect to walk approximately 1.5 miles at a moderate pace throughout the tour
- All tastings are included in the price
- Visit 3-5 restaurants for tastings that will happily fill most stomachs
- Notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or dietary restrictions at the time of booking
Duration3 - 3.5 hours
Maximum Participantsup to 12 people per tour
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather. You will be walking throughout the tour, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
I'm an Annapolis local; will I enjoy this tour?
Yes! The tour guides share stories about Historic Annapolis that few natives have heard. You also have a chance to go inside some of the oldest and most famous buildings in Annapolis.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Most food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated on this tour. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking of any special needs or requests.
Are children allowed on the tour?
Children are allowed on this tour. Please note, the tour lasts approximately 3.5 hours with a lot of both standing and walking.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
This tour will cover some uneven terrain and stairs and may be difficult on a wheelchair. The colonial kitchen involves 3 stairs which are historic and cannot accommodate wheelchairs.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
You will be on your feet for the majority of the 3.5-hour tour. Total distance covered is about 1.5 miles, which is walked at an average pace.
Are there restrooms available on the tour?
Restrooms are available at the tour starting location and again at the State House about an hour into the tour. The exact meeting location will be provided at the time of booking.
What happens if it rains or snows?
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
- I'm an Annapolis local; will I enjoy this tour?