Indian Food & Cultural Walking Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
March through Mid-November:
Select Saturdays & Sundays - 12:00 PM
Click here for schedule
Embark on a one of a kind culinary and cultural tour through Chicago's "Little India"!
- Indulge in at least 4 tastings of savory specialties from Pakistan, India and Bangladesh
- Delve into the history, architecture, and the culture of Chicago's "Little India"
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guide was raised on Devon Avenue and looks forward to sharing all "Little India" has to offer
- Prepare for a truly authentic South Asian cultural experience!
Explore the food and culture of Devon Avenue and Chicago's distinct South Asian community. Discover the chaat, samosas, and curry that make Devon Avenue famous and have made Chicago's "Little India" neighborhood a top attraction in the city.
Along the way you'll have the chance to engage with local food establishments and restaurant owners. Sample tastings from at least 4 stops including ethnic eateries and specialty shops. Tasting may include (and are subject to change):
- North & West Indian snacks and tea/juice
- North Indian "Mughlai" cuisine
- Traditional South Indian vegetarian dishes
- Pakistani & Indian BBQ
- Indian & Pakistani sweets
You'll also be immersed into the history and culture of this South Asian neighborhood as you visit a Sikh Temple, browse local boutiques, observe a traditional Carrom board game demonstration and even receive a complimentary Henna tattoo.
Come share an unforgettable cultural experience through Chicago's "Little India".
About your guide Muhammad Ali:
Your guide, Muhammad Ali, was born in India and raised right here on Chicago's Devon Avenue In addition to guiding this insightful tour, he teaches U.S. and World history, and is exceptionally passionate about sharing all the wonders of this unique neighborhood he calls home.
- You will be walking less than 1 mile at a casual pace stopping frequently with opportunities to sit and use the restroom
- Due to the uneven streets, wheelchairs are not recommended on this tour
- Tour includes tastings from at least 4 stops that will happily fill most stomachs
- Please note any dietary restrictions at the time of booking so that accommodations can be made
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included and is appreciated if you enjoy your experience
DurationThis tour covers less than 1 mile in approximately 4 hours.
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be joined by other participants for a maximum of 15 participants per tour.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis tour runs in rain, snow or shine. In the case of very inclement weather contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and comfortable shoes for walking.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 5 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no cancellations, refunds or rescheduling will be allowed.
How much walking is involved?
This tour covers less than 1 mile of walking.
Is the tour appropriate for children?
There is no specific age limit. However, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 17 years old.
Note: Strollers are not permitted on the tour.
Are there any beverages served on the tour?
Yes, water and tea are included.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Due to the uneven streets, wheelchairs are not recommended on this tour.
- How much walking is involved?