Chicago River & Lake Architectural Cruise
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
11:15 AM, 1:15 PM, 3:15 PM, 5:15 PM & 7:15 PM
Experience the sights and sounds of the Windy City in a most exceptional way! Take a wander on the water aboard the Seadog Extreme for a Chicago architectural boat tour.Full Description>
- Ride a sleek 'n' speed-hungry boat that boasts more horsepower than any other commercial passenger vessel on the Lake Michigan!
- This 75-minute river and lake architectural cruise offers exciting views of famed Chicago attractions and landmarks, complete with fascinating narratives.
- Depart from Navy Pier, traversing along the lakefront, though the locks, and into the river take in the stunning city skyline and up-close views of bridges and skyscrapers.
- Ending with a high-speed ride along the lakefront, this boat tour gives the full combo of entertainment and adrenaline aboard one of the most extraordinary things to do in Chicago!
Defy traditional Chicago sightseeing! Hop aboard the River and Lake Architectural Cruise for an unparalleled meander around the legendary Windy City.Key Info>
Enjoy 75 minutes of breathtaking views and unique urban perspectives, as the Seadog Extreme goes where no other Chicago tour has gone before! Glide along the lakefront, through the locks, and all the way down the river to the famed Willis Tower. Plenty of photo opps are right at your fingertips as you float along, taking in unforgettable sights like Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park, the gorgeous Chicago Harbor, Tribune Building, Lyric Opera of Chicago, John Hancock, Navy Pier, and much more!
Aside from its dazzling city views, this Chicago architectural boat tour offers passengers light narrative entertainment. Hear riveting history and fun facts about the renowned Chicago attractions that stand to your right, your left, on the horizon, and towering high overhead. Indulge in food for thought that may include topics like:
- When and why the flow of the Chicago River was reversed;
- How Chicago architects pioneered skyscraper construction;
- And why the beautiful Chicago waterfront is almost all parkland.
Can you guess what's one of the best, most exhilarating parts about this Chicago architectural boat tour? As you cruise the river and lake aboard the Seadog Extreme, you'll be sightseeing from a speedboat that comes with twin 1400-HP engines! That means this vessel comes with more speed, power, and performance than any other commercial passenger boat on Lake Michigan! So hold on tight, because as a grand finale to one of the most thrilling things to do in Chicago, this boat tour will zip along the Chicago waterfront, across the waves of the majestic Lake Michigan at full-throttle!
- Must be at least 48" to ride
- Not recommended for anyone suffering from or with a history of heart, neck or back problems or for women who are or may be pregnant
DurationApproximately 1 hour and 15 minutes
Maximum ParticipantsThe vessel can accommodate up to 200 people.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the cruise.
Weather DependentThis experience may be affected by weather conditions. In the event of possible inclement weather, always be sure to contact the experience provider.
What To WearComfortable and casual clothing recommended.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 5 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given, but rescheduling your dinner cruise is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your boarding time. Rescheduling is subject to a $25 per person transfer fee. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel, or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I bring food and drink onboard?
Yes, food and drink may be brought on board. Remember, you may wear more than you eat because it's hard to eat while going 30 knots!
Is the vessel wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the vessel is wheelchair accessible. However, if you have an extra large motorized chair, it may not be able to fit down the ramps. In that case, the crew will be happy to help you out and assist you onto the vessel.
Are there restrooms onboard?
Yes, there are restrooms located on the vessel.
- Can I bring food and drink onboard?