Hot Air Balloon Ride
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Daily - Morning & Afternoon Departures
*Departure times vary due to seasonality
Enjoy the serenity of floating over the magnificent Ohio countryside with nothing but the occasional blast of the burners to disturb the peace!
- Fly with a 5-Star rated provider on TripAdvisor who has been in the balloon business over 30 years
- Watch in awe as your captain and crew inflate the balloon before your eyes
- Float effortlessly through the air as you soak in stunning views from thousands of feet above
- Enjoy a traditional champagne toast upon landing!
- Looking for something a little more romantic? Check out our Private Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2!
Enjoy the serenity of floating over the magnificent Ohio countryside with nothing but the occasional blast of the burners to disturb the peace! The feeling is like none other in the world.
Your experience will begin at the launch site where you'll be greeted by a flurry of activity - the hum of fans, the vibrant colors of the inflating balloons, and the roar of burners as your pilot and crew prepare your flight. You are even invited to participate, should you be so bold! Once safely loaded into the basket, your FAA-certified pilot will heat up the balloon and, before you know it, it will be be time for lift-off!
As the balloon gently lifts into the air, you'll enjoy unbeatable views of the Ohio countryside from an entirely new perspective. For approximately 45-60 minutes of flight time, you will get to feel the gentle breeze in your hair as you enjoy the serenity of engine-less flight. Along the way, your pilot is happy to answer any questions you may have about the balloon or surrounding scenery.
Upon landing, you and your fellow passengers will be treated to a traditional champagne toast to cap off a truly unforgettable journey!
- Complimentary bottle of water and champagne toast provided (non-alcoholic alternatives available)
- Must be at least 6 years of age or older to fly
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Passengers must be at least 48 inches tall to see over the basket
- Passengers must be in good physical health and capable of standing for at least 2 hours unassisted and climbing in and out of the basket
- Expectant mothers and individuals with heart conditions, back, hip, knee, and ankle problems and those prone to fainting spells or who have had recent surgery (within 6 months) are not permitted to fly
- For parties larger than 4 passengers, please contact Cloud 9 Living at 866-525-6839 directly for pricing.
DurationApproximately 3 hours total with about 45-60 minutes of actual flight time.
Maximum ParticipantsUp to 4 per balloon. For parties larger than 4 passengers, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly at 866-525-6839 for pricing.
SpectatorsFamily and friends may watch the launch from the field. Seating is limited so it is advisable to bring your own chairs.
Weather DependentThis experience is extremely weather dependent. Generally, a launch is not feasible when the wind exceeds 8 mph or if there are storms or low visibility within a 50 mile radius. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. Conditions are typically most favorable for May-October flights.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Long pants are recommended for all flights and layers are advised during winter flights (rather than one warm garment). No high heels, sandals or open toed shoes.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Livings's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 72 hours prior to your reservation date/time to do so. Rescheduling will be subject to a $50 per person administrative fee. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Will there be other passengers on my flight?
Likely, yes! This hot air balloon flight is for up to 4 passengers. You may be combined with another group if booking less than 4. If you need to book a flight for a group larger than 4 passengers, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly at 866-525-6839 for pricing.
Can I help inflate the balloon?
Absolutely! It is encouraged for passengers to help with the inflation and deflation of the balloon. It is a huge part of the experience, after all!
Is it cold in the balloon?
Temperatures during your flight will not vary greatly from the temperature on the ground. As long as you dress appropriately for the weather, you will be plenty warm. Layers are recommended so you can adjust your temperature as needed.
When is the best time to fly?
Hot air balloon rides are extremely weather dependent. Typically, the best times to fly are just after sunrise or a few hours before sunset. Though flights are available year-round, the most favorable months are May-October.
How safe is ballooning?
Hot air ballooning is considered one of the safest forms of flying. The balloons comply with all FAA regulations and undergo frequent inspections. In fact, your provider is also a Certified Repair Station for hot air balloons - you can be sure the balloons are in top shape!
- Will there be other passengers on my flight?