Intro to Hang Gliding Course
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Year-round, weather permitting.
Saturdays and Sundays typically at 8:00 AM.
*Evening courses are available during the week May through July.
Have you always wanted to fly? Then consider this introductory hang gliding class your entry into the world of flight.Full Description>
- U.S. Hang Gliding Association certified instructor
- Ground school will orientate you with your glider, how to hold and lift the glider and teach you basic weight shift control
- Put your new knowledge to use on your first few tows, as you develop your skills close to the ground
- Experience the freedom of this unique form of flight, you are on your way to becoming a hang gliding pilot!
The perfect experience for the hang glider to be.Key Info>
This course is a half day introduction to foot launched flight, learning training protocol, glider set up, preflight inspection, ground handling and landing skills.
Your hands-on learning will begin on flat ground. You will learn to launch a glider using a light tension towing winch. A tow operator will control the winch with a line connected to you and your glider.
The first several tows will be short and keep you a few feet above ground. You will be developing launch skills, learning towing procedures, getting a feel for the glider, and working on good landing practices.
As your skills improve the tows will be longer and take you a little higher off the ground.
By the end of the class you will be flying by yourself and landing on your own.
- All participants must be able to fit safely into a harness and be in good physical condition
- Participants weighing more than 240 pounds or taller than 6'5" may have difficulty fitting into the harness comfortably
- Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form
- It is recommended to bring a water bottle and a snack with you on the day of your experience
Maximum ParticipantsUp to 3 participants per class
SpectatorsSpectators are encouraged to watch from the air strip
Weather DependentThis experience is very weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of unfavorable weather, your experience provider will work with you to reschedule your course for a mutually convenient day.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions, including long pants and sneakers or lightweight hiking boots.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider