Arkansas River Photo Safari
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Pending photographer's availability
Let legendary Colorado photographer Jon Sheppard guide you on a photo safari through Leadville, the Arkansas River and the surrounding Rocky Mountains!
- Private instruction and guiding from renowned local photographer Jon Sheppard
- Great experience for beginners or experienced photographers
- Capture amazing photos of abandoned mine areas, high alpine panoramas, snowcapped peaks, wildflowers, and cascading mountain streams
Visit historic Leadville and the Arkansas River during your private photographic excursion with long time professional Jon Sheppard.
You will visit the abandoned mine areas, and travel above treeline into snowcapped mountains with deep fertile valleys below. Search for wildflowers, fauna and wildlife. Take memorable photos of cascading mountain streams or historic ghost towns.
As a beginner or expert this is a great way to spend a day on a photo safari. Learn the basics of composition, framing, and the use of sunlight. For all photographers we will travel to the region's most scenic areas, and will be there for the correct lighting situation.
In addition to enhancing your ability to take wonderful photographs, this relaxing day in beautiful landscapes will leave your mind and body feeling fresh, and your soul in tune with nature!
- Participants must bring their own camera and tripod - SLR cameras digital or film, with different lenses are the best, but point and shoot cameras are certainly acceptable
- Water and snacks will be provided
- Lunch will be somewhere along the way and flexible with the group and is not included in the cost, you may bring your own lunch if you would like
- You will not be doing long distance hiking but will stay close to the vehicle
- For larger groups a van will be available
- The meeting place is flexible, typically the Conoco across from Copper Mountain is a great starting point
Maximum Participants1-3 people depending on the option selected.
SpectatorsThis safari is for booked participants only.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWhere comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather. It does get chilly in the higher elevations.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14-21 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to bring?
Participants must bring their own camera and tripod. SLR cameras digital or film, with different lenses are the best, but point and shoot cameras are certainly acceptable. You may also want to pack a lunch.
Is this experience weather dependent?
This safari takes place outside, therefore, it is weather dependent. If it is cancelled for weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
How strenuous is the hike?
You will not be doing long distance hiking, but will stay close to the vehicle.
- What do I need to bring?