Beginner River Kayaking Lesson
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
May - September:
Fridays & Saturdays - 8:30 AM
Click here for schedule
This full-day class will teach you the must-know basics of river kayaking, and is a great way to spend a day on the water!Full Description>
- Colorado's most well-recognized adventure training guides with over 10 years experience
- Enjoy a day on the calm flat water of the scenic Chatfield Reservoir looking out at the beautiful Front Range
- Learn about equipment, wet exits, stoke techniques, maneuvering, hip snaps and rolling
- No experience necessary, 5:1 student to instructor ratio
Experience first hand the excitement of paddling a kayak!
If you have never been in a kayak but have always wanted to try it, this course may be for you. This full-day class includes all the "must know basics" of river kayaking, and introduces you to the Eskimo Roll.
Have fun and play games in the water in the morning as you learn about wet exits, paddle strokes and hip snaps. Then, relax and soak in the sun as you enjoy your lunch. The afternoon is spent reviewing bracing and hip snaps, followed by a clinic on how to roll.
A great experience for anyone interested in learning to kayak in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Lean the following skills:
- Wet Exit
- Strokes (Sweep, forward, stern draw)
- It is recommended that the participant be 12 years of age or a minimum of 80 pounds
- Kayak, paddle, skirt, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties will be provided
- Please bring lunch and snacks
- Students are encouraged to bring their own gear if they own it
Duration9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Maximum ParticipantsUp to 8 people per class
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearPlease wear something to get wet in (swimsuit). It is recommended to bring lots of water, waterproof sunscreen, sunglasses with retention strap, lunch, snacks, and warm dry clothing for when you are off the water.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is gear included?
Yes, a boat, paddle, skirt, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties will be provided. It is recommended to bring your own gear if you have it.
- Is gear included?