Beginner Rocky Mountain Climbing Adventure
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
April through October:
Daily - 8:30 AM and 1:00 PM
Learn the basics of rock climbing and spend a few hours scaling spectacular walls during this intro class in the greater Denver area!Full Description>
- Climb with professional guides who always put safety first
- Customizable climbing experience based on your ability
- Learn top-rope climbing, techniques in belaying, how to tie knots and more
- All climbing equipment provided, including harness, ropes, and shoes
- Satisfy your adventurous spirit while while learning to climb in the beautiful Front Range!
Rock climbing can be an exciting and adrenaline-pumping experience. It can also be intimidating, but not if you know what you are doing! With this Rocky Mountain Climbing Adventure, you'll be scaling rock walls in no time!Key Info>
Just a short 30 minute drive outside of Denver, there are some of the most spectacular rock formations for climbing at all levels of difficulty. Your guide will provide you with all the necessary equipment for a safe day of top-roping, including ropes, helmet, harness, and shoes. You will spend the first part of your adventure learning safety procedures, tying knots, and perfecting your belay techniques. Before you know it, you'll be climbing!
This adventure is great for the total beginner looking to learn new skills, an intermediate gym climber or someone looking for a refresher. Throughout the day, your expert instructor will guide you and provide a lot of climbing time in a safe environment.
Expect to get a good workout, soak in some amazing views and have a blast!
- No experience necessary
- Participants must be at least 5 years old and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if under 18 years old
- Participants must sign a Liability Waiver and complete a health questionnaire
- Pregnant women are not permitted to participate
- All necessary climbing and safety equipment is provided
- Drinks and light snacks will be provided
- Minimum of 2 participants for the tour to run
- Round-trip transportation from downtown Denver and West Denver can be arranged directly with the experience provider for an additional cost
DurationThe climbing adventure is approximately 4 hours.
Maximum ParticipantsGroup size may vary but there will no more than 2-5 climbers per guide. There is a minimum of 2 participants for the tour to run.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those booked for the course.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Dress in non-cotton layers and bring a light windbreaker as well as a small backpack for any personal items. Closed-toe shoes required.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do I need previous rock climbing experience?
No! Your certified instructor/guide will teach you everything you need to know.
What should I bring?
It is recommended that you dress in non-cotton layers. You may want to pack some chapstick, sunscreen, sunglasses and a camera in a small backpack. You should avoid bringing/wearing any jewelry.
Is this experience weather dependent?
Yes. Please contact your experience provider with any questions or concerns regarding the weather.
Is there a minimum number of participants for the tour to run?
Yes, there is a 2 person minimum for the tour to run. If you are booking solo the experience provider will do their best to pair you with another group.
Is transportation provided from Denver?
Transportation from Denver is not included in the price of the tour, however it can be arranged directly with the experience provider for an additional cost.
- Do I need previous rock climbing experience?