Brewery Tour in Brooklyn
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Thursday through Sunday - 2:00 PM
On this historic brewery tour in Brooklyn, you will toast your way through the past and present of beer brewing!Full Description>
- Your certified, friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in the New York Times, USA Today online, WNBC and Time Out New York.
- Sample locally made beer and enjoy a slice of New York pizza for lunch
- Take a look at 19th century brewery buildings that were once a part of the Old Brewers Row
- Share stories of brewing, bottling, and even bootlegging!
Explore the history of beer brewing and its resurgence in Brooklyn today! Once home to 48 breweries, this ancient and tasty trade disappeared from the borough in the 1970's, only to be reborn in recent years with craft breweries leading the way.
On this tour, you'll take a behind-the-scenes look at a working brewery and taste plenty of beers on tap. You'll explore the pre-prohibition era as you check out 19th century brewery buildings and share stories of the German speaking immigrants who worked in the breweries and lived in the neighborhood at the time.
Tour highlights may include (and are subject to change):
- A private tour of a working brewery
- A visit to a gorgeous cathedral-like church that was built by the German immigrants in the late 19th century
- Tastings of traditional German beer and Brooklyn beer
- Pizza and lager beer with a look at the streets of Prohibition-era New York
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification (driver's license or passport)
- Tour includes beer tastings and food, a map of the neighborhood and comprehensive commentary from your guide
- Gratuity is never required but is appreciated if you enjoyed the tour
- Tour tastings and venues are subject to change
- On this walking tour you'll visit 1 brewery, look behind the scenes at how beer is made, explore the pre-prohibition era breweries that still stand and have plenty of craft beer and some classic NYC pizza's along the way
DurationThis tour is approximately 3 hours and will include approximately 1-2 miles of walking.
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis brewery tour will run in rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
This tours rain or shine, so please plan ahead and dress for the weather. In extreme cases, however, the experience provider does reserve the right to cancel tours if the weather conditions are dangerous. You would be contacted at least 2.5 hours before your tour if this were the case.
How far will we walk on the tour?
This tour involves approximately one to two miles of walking.
Will there be opportunities to use the restroom during the tour?
Yes, there will be opportunities to use the restroom at least once during the tour.
Will there be opportunities to sit down during the tour?
Yes! There will be at least one opportunity to sit down during the tour.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity for your guide is not included but is always appreciated.
- What happens in the event of inclement weather?