West Village Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Fridays & Saturdays - 11:00 AM
Tuesdays, Fridays, & Saturdays- 11:00 AM
Experience a food tour of the West Village and sample a variety of delicious eats from the area's best specialty food stores and ethnic eateries.
- Your local, fun, and knowledgeable NYC tour guide will lead you through the West Village
- Enjoy taking in the quaint tree-lined streets and architecture of the West Village
- Learn about the hangouts of the Beat Generation and Bob Dylan
- Sample 6 delicious treats including the neighborhood's best bagel, pizza, cupcake and more
Explore the landmark neighborhood of the West Village and sample some of the area's most talked about food specialties.
The West Village is filled with unique stories and architecture. Enjoy learning about the history of "Little Bohemia", the Beat Generation, and Bob Dylan's time here. For those of you entertainment buffs, you'll even get a glimpse of Monica's apartment from Friends.
This tour will give you an insider's look at some of the area's local eateries where you'll get to meet the culinary genius' at work. Enjoy 6 tastings from local eateries that may include (subject to change):
- Faicco's Italian Specialties - (Est. 1900)
- Artichoke Pizza - Serious pizza aficionados (Est. 2008)
- Mamoun's Falafel - The oldest falafel restaurant in the city (Est. 1971)
- Hudson Bagels - Authentic New York bagels - always boiled before baked (Est. 1997)
- Molly's Cupcakes - Winner of cupcake Wars season finale on the Food Network (Est. 2011)
- 100 Montaditos - The Montadito is a traditional element of the Spanish gastronomy (Est. 2013)
- This tour will include 3 hours of walking and will cover approximately 1.5 miles.
- Basic level of fitness is expected of all participants.
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but is appreciated.
DurationThis is a 3 hour tour and includes approximately 1.5 mile of walking.
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis food tour will run in rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
What if it rains?
This tour is given rain or shine. A good portion of the tour is walking outdoors, however, you will spend time inside the establishments and so you will not be subject to the elements the entire tour.
How much food will we eat on this tour?
You will taste foods from up to 6 different specialty shops, ethnic eateries, and restaurants. Most tour participants find that there is enough food on the tour for lunch. We suggest individuals with large appetites see how they feel after the tour, and order a dish from their favorite tasting.
What if I have dietary restrictions or food allergies?
If you have food allergies or restrictions, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking. Accommodations and substitutions can often be made.
How much walking will take place?
You will be on your feet for approximately 3 hours. The tour moves at a casual pace and you will walk approximately 1.5 mile. The streets are flat, but you will have to walk up small stairs at some of the establishments.
Is the tour appropriate for children?
The friendly and knowledgeable tour guides make learning about the history, culture, and foods of the neighborhoods visited interesting, informative, and fun. You will be on your feet for 3 hours and walk approximately 1 mile. Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free, unless they're going to participate in the food tastings. You may bring a stroller on the tour, but it will have to remain outside, if the food establishment is busy.
Is tour gratuity included in the price?
Gratuity for your tour guide is not included in the price but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour.
- What if it rains?