Capitol Hill Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Wednesdays - 11:30 AM
Saturdays & Sundays - 2:00 PM
This food tour will take you on a delicious stroll through Capitol Hill, one of the most historically diverse and beautiful areas in Washington DC.Full Description>
- Experienced tour providers have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, The Sun, and The Boston Globe
- Enjoy 4-5 tastings which may include 18th century inspired Anglo-Indian Cuisine, award winning Soul Food, Spanish empanadas and traditional Eastern European Jewish desserts
- Explore this 200 year old melting pot of cultures, ethnicities and religions!
Spend an afternoon strolling through Capitol Hill, the country's largest Victorian neighborhood that has been home to laborers, craftsmen and members of Congress alike. Learn history of the neighborhood that John Philip Sousa and J. Edgar Hoover called home.Key Info>
Elegant mansions and intricate row houses mingle with tree-lined streets and family friendly green spaces in this quiet neighborhood located just southeast of the capitol building in Washington DC.
Enjoy dishes from restaurants and shops located in quaint row houses, clustered down barracks row and inside the district's longest running market.
Tastings on this tour may include (and are subject to change):
- 18th Century inspired Anglo-Indian Cuisine
- Traditional naan making demonstration
- A variety of traditional Salvadorian dishes and beverages
- Greek mezze sampler
- Regional American gourmet comfort food
- Handmade dessert from acclaimed Italian restaurant
Fall in love with Capitol Hill's charm and vibrant food scene!
- All food tastings are included in the price
- Visit up to 5 restaurants
- Participants can expect to walk for approximately half the 3.5-hour tour
- Children under the age of 7 who will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you
- This tour will happily fill most stomachs
- Most dietary restrictions and food allergies can be accommodated; please make a note of any requests at the time of booking
Maximum ParticipantsUp to 12 people per tour
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
What To WearPlease dress appropriately for expected weather conditions. You will be walking for 3.5 hours, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings for this experience are final.
What types of foods are served on the tour?
Tastings on the tour may include (and are subject to change) 18th century inspired Anglo-Indian cuisine, award winning Soul Food, Spanish empanadas, eclectic seafood specialties, Salvadorian beverages and traditional Eastern European Jewish desserts. Food-tasting locations may change without notice.
How much food is served on the tour?
There are 4-5 stops on the tour where you will be served small specialty meals with enough food to happily fill most stomachs.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Most food allergies and dietary restrictions can be accommodated on this tour. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking of any special needs or requests.
Are children allowed on this tour?
Children are allowed on this tour. Please note, the tour lasts approximately 3.5 hours with a lot of both standing and walking.
If I am bringing an infant/very young child, do I need to purchase a ticket for them?
Children under the age of 7 that will not be participating in food tastings do not require a ticket. However, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you will be bringing an infant or young child along with you.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
This tour will cover some uneven terrain and may be difficult on a wheelchair. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if anyone if your party will need wheelchair access throughout the tour.
Are restrooms available during the tour?
Yes, restrooms are available during the tour at all restaurants. The tour will stop at each restaurant for 20-25 minutes including time to use the restrooms.
How much walking is involved? Is it a fast-paced tour?
You will be on your feet for approximately half of the tour walking at a comfortable pace. Seating will be available at most restaurants for approximately 20-25 minutes. Remember to wear comfortable shoes.
Does the tour leader accept gratuities?
Gratuities are always appreciated, although not mandatory.
What happens if it rains or snows?
This experience is not weather dependent and will run rain or shine. In the event of inclement weather, you will be able to go inside many of the establishments on the tour. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions.
Where does the tour finish?
The tour finishes within three blocks of the starting point. Participants will receive specific direction details and a map at the beginning of the tour in order to gain familiarity with the area.
- What types of foods are served on the tour?