Private Wine Education Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Fridays & Sundays - 11:00 AM
Escape the city for a Private Wine Education Course at Philip Carter Winery, less than 60 miles from downtown Washington, D.C in Virginia's wine country!Full Description>
- A seasoned guide will lead you through the vineyard and class explaining how the award-winning wines are produced
- Wines have received prestigious accolades from Virginia Wine Lover's Reader's Choice and the Virginia Governor's Cup Competition
- Receive coupons for complimentary wine tastings
- Unwind and complete your day with a delicious picnic at the vineyard!
Escape to the Philip Carter Winery in the beautiful Virginia Piedmont countryside for an educational and romantic afternoon!Key Info>
Begin your experience with a guided vineyard and winery tour by a certified Philip Carter Wine Educator. You will learn the history of the Carter family wines that date back to 1762.
Following the tour is a wine education and appreciation class in the King Carter Suite focusing on the fermentation process and wine terms.
Your tour finale is a relaxing picnic on the grounds including local Virginia cheese, cured meat, Virginia chutney and chocolates.
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid ID
- Take home a souvenir corkscrew and Philip Carter Winery tasting glasses
- Complimentary tastings of current wines as well as an exclusive tasting of a special reserve wine
- Receive a 10% discount on any purchase of a bottle of wine
DurationThe tour and wine educational course combined is approximately 1 hour in length. The picnic can be enjoyed at your own pace.
Maximum ParticipantsThis is a private experience for your party of 2 or 4 people.
SpectatorsFriends and family are welcome to visit the winery separately as it is open to the public.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider directly with questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearPlease dress appropriately for expected weather conditions and walking.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience with the provider directly. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is there an age requirement for this experience?
Yes, all participants must be at least 21 years of age with a valid ID.
Are wine tastings included in the price?
On the Private Wine Education Tour, you will be given complimentary tastings of each wine currently available, including an exclusive tasting of a special reserve wine.
Can I keep the whole picnic?
The picnic basket, cutting board and blanket must be returned at the end of your visit, but the rest of the picnic is yours!
- Is there an age requirement for this experience?