Private Pilot License Starter Package
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Daily - 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Have you always dreamed of learning to fly? Take your first steps toward earning your wings with this learn to fly package that allows you to fully immerse yourself in the flight training process.Full Description>
- Enjoy a 1.5 hour VIP Discovery flight with up to 2 passengers in a Cessna 172, the world's most popular flight training aircraft
- Log 2 hours of training on a full motion simulator
- Receive 1 hour of one-on-one classroom instruction
- Package also includes $50 credit for pilot supplies and a logbook to document your first flight
- No experience necessary!
If you've ever thought of pursuing your private pilot license, this introductory flight package is a great way to test the waters!
To kick off the program, you will be treated to a 60-90 minute discovery flight experience. This will give you your first taste of flying. If you'd like to share this memorable experience. you are able to bring up to two passengers with you. You'll begin with a 20 minute ground lesson before lift-off.
Once your first flight is under your belt, it's time to practice and study! This starter package includes an hour of one-on-one classroom time where you will study techniques, safety procedures, and learn about aerodynamics as well as 2 hours of practice time on a full-motion simulator. On the simulator, you'll be able to put your new found knowledge to the test in real-life applications.
Also included in the package, is a $50 credit to be used at the in-house pilot store on items of your choice and a logbook to document your first flight and log future flight times.
For anyone with hopes of one day earning their private pilot's license, this is the perfect opportunity to see if you have what it takes. You'll be one step closer to earning your wings!
- This package is broken into 2 sessions which must be booked on seperate days. Typically the VIP flight and classroom time are completed during the first session and the simulator experience on the second.
- Individual participants cannot weigh more than 220 pounds and the total weight of participants cannot exceed 535 pounds
- Participants must be at least 16 years old and be able to safely wear a seat belt which is 40 inches in length
- VIP flight to be scheduled through Cloud 9 Living with subsequent simulator/classroom sessions to be scheduled directly with provider
DurationVIP Flight: Approximately 1-1.5 hours
Simulator Sessions: Approximately 2 hours
Classroom Session: Approximately 1 hour
Maximum ParticipantsStudent may bring up to two passengers (pending weight restrictions) along for the the flight.
SpectatorsSpectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from the ramp at the airport for the flight. Simulator and classroom sessions are for the participant only.
Weather DependentThe flight experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, canceling and rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date may result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any age requirements?
You can be any age to start flying lessons! But you need to be at least 16 years to fly solo, and 17 to get your private pilot license.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No! This program is designed to be your first taste of flying and give you a real sense of what it takes to pursue a private pilot's license. No experience necessary.
- Are there any age requirements?