Ethnic Eats Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Sundays - 1:30 PM
Explore the culinary diversity in South Philly on this delicious Ethnic Eats Food Tour!Full Description>
- Tour guides recognized in Philadelphia Magazine's "Best of Philly" and were ranked the #1 out of 303 attractions in Philly on TripAdvisor.com
- Enjoy sampling tasty delights ranging from roasted pork Bahn Mi at a Vietnamese specialty shop to delicious Thai and Indian appetizers
- Learn about the foods and traditions of the new immigrant groups in South Philly
- This is a great experience for locals and tourists alike!
Discover the culinary diversity of Southern Philadelphia on this Ethnic Eats Food Tour.
Mention "South Philly" to locals and most will immediately picture the Italian Market. Well, did you know that the area around the market is full of outstanding Asian culinary treasures?
This tour is an excellent way to explore the hidden gourmet treasures and vibrant cultures of the neighborhood. Learn about Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, and Indian food flavors and traditions along the way.
Stops on this tour may include (and are subject to change):
- A Vietnamese specialty shop and restaurant to view some Vietnamese favorites and to enjoy a savory roasted pork Banh Mi, offering a delicious contrast of flavors and style.
- A Buddhist Temple to see its elaborate and ornate interior. Learn fascinating facts about the symbolism and meaning of ceremonial items.
- A Thai Restaurant to enjoy a hearty sampling of 3 delicious Thai appetizers in the lavishly decorated dining room.
- An Asian Market, to discover key cooking ingredients that create the signature flavors of many Asian cuisines.
- One of the area's best Indian restaurants to enjoy 2 fantastic appetizers and a delicious dessert, unlike anything you've tasted
- All participants must be at least 14 years of age
- This tour will cover approximately 1/2 to 3/4 mile of walking at a leisurely pace
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not required but is appreciated
DurationThis tour will last approximately 2.5 hours.
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 14 per tour. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience will take place in all moderate weather conditions. In the rare event of a heavy snowstorm, hurricane or other extreme weather conditions you may reschedule the tour directly with your experience provider.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
Booking InformationIt is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and cancellations/rescheduling is not allowed.
What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?
Your tour guide is happy to accommodate vegetarians, dietary restrictions, and special needs. Please be sure to make note of these restrictions at the time of booking so that any possible substitutions can be arranged.
Is there a lot of walking on the tour?
This tour will cover approximately 1/2 to 3/4 mile of walking at a leisurely pace.
How much food is included on the tour?
Plenty, you'll be tasting a variety of foods and beverages. This may include (subject to change) a Vietnamese summer roll and spring roll, a variety of Asian snacks, an Asian fruit drink, 2 authentic Mexican tacos and a variety of Mexican pastries. This tour will provide you with enough food for lunch.
Are children allowed on the tour?
This event is designed for participants ages 14 and up. Any participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Some of the stops on the tour are wheelchair accessible, and others are not. However, we encourage anyone in a wheelchair to come on the tour, and the tour guide will make any necessary accommodations.
What happens if it rains?
The tour will take place in all light weather conditions. In rare circumstances such as a heavy snow storm, a hurricane, or other extreme weather and the tour venues can't open, the tour will be canceled. You will be able to reschedule directly with the tour provider.
- What if I have food allergies or dietary restrictions?