Hot & Spicy Philly Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Saturdays - 3:30 PM
Add some spice to you life with this Hot & Spicy Food Tour in Philadelphia!Full Description>
- Experience provider is the proud recipient of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award since 2011
- 2-hour tour takes you to 4 of the best restaurants in University City, including some hidden gems
- Discover the science behind your favorite spicy foods and their subsequent health benefits
- Get your blood pumping and tongue tingling on this spicy food adventure in Philly!
Enjoy the sensations and flavors delivered by spice and heat during this Hot & Spicy Philly Food Tour!
This delicious 2-hour tour takes you to 4 of the best restaurants in University City, 1 location is a completely hidden gem. Some stops were selected for their authentic ethnic flavors and others for their creative, contemporary takes on classic eats. Every bite has been chosen for its robust spicy heat, and sweat factor.
The tour includes the following dishes and serves up enough for a meal (dishes are subject to change):
- A fragrant Indian dish that will tantalize your senses with South Asian cardamom and turmeric with fresh homemade poori bread
- Philly cheese steak with not only deep fried long hot peppers, but a generous helping of fresh chili pepper salsa, both before and after it's grilled
- Some hot, bubbly Korean hot pot flavored with tons of Gochujang, the signature Korean pepper sauce that will be your new go-to condiment
- Dan Dan noodles maxed out at the restaurants spice level 10
At each stop you will explore the difference between spice and heat, the science behind your favorite spicy foods, the sensations they produce, their health benefits, and even some tips for quenching the fire!
- Mild alternatives are available for guests of spicy food lovers
- Tour is led by food and culture experts
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not required but is appreciated
- This tour includes enough food for a meal
- This tour is not designed for children
- Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking if you have any allergies or dietary restriction, the experience provider will try to arrange substitutions
DurationThis tour will last approximately 2 hours.
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be accompanied by other participants, with a maximum of 16 per tour. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those participating.
Weather DependentThis experience will take place in all moderate weather conditions. In the rare event of a heavy snowstorm, hurricane or other extreme weather conditions you may reschedule the tour directly with the experience provider.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for weather and walking.
Booking InformationIt is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and cancellations/rescheduling is not allowed.
Is this tour fun for locals as well?
Absolutely! You will explore hidden places that you probably don't know about and learn many new things about food. You will see some of the coolest spots in the city and experience your hometown in a totally new way.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
The experience provider encourages anyone in a wheelchair to come on the tour. Please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking, so accommodations can be made.
Can I still go on this tour if I don't like spicy food?
Yes, mild alternatives are available for guests of spicy food lovers.
- Is this tour fun for locals as well?