Summer Season - Saturdays at 9:00 AM
Winter Season - Saturdays at 11:30 AM
- Your PADI Certified Dive Instructor will begin with a brief classroom session where they will go over the basics of scuba diving, equipment and safety
- Next, it's into the water where you will get the chance to blow some bubbles and experience life underwater
- Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion and will be ready to move on to the Open Water Certification Course
A perfect introduction to the world of scuba diving.
Learning how to scuba dive is a ticket to a lifetime of underwater adventure and this experience is a perfect introduction to the sport. You'll get expert instruction on safety and underwater mobility techniques, then you'll learn how to breathe underwater and achieve weightlessness while getting used to the equipment.
The course takes place in a swimming pool under controlled conditions - and while it might seem a long way from diving in a tropical ocean, it's the perfect way to get a basic grounding in diving and find out whether you like it. It's also ideal for anyone considering taking a PADI Open Water Diving Course.
- Liability releases and medical histories must be completed before the experience
- Divers must be 10 years of age or older
- Instruction from 5 star PADI Instructor Dive Center
2.5 - 3 hours, including a 30 minute classroom session.
Up to 8
This experience is weather dependent when the outdoor pool is in use. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear your bathing suit and bring a towel. Equipment will be provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Pittsburgh Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Pittsburgh experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(6)From: $195
- Stock Car Ride Along - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $139
- Drive a Stock Car - Pocono RacewayAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $549
- Northside Historical Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $84
- Little Italy Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $49
- Pittsburgh Scenic Helicopter TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $365
- Lower Yough Rafting TripAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $74
- Upper Yough Whitewater RaftingFrom: $152
- All Pittsburgh Experiences
"We thought this would be a rather generic and brief intro to scuba diving. We were pleasantly surprised that we had plenty if time in the pool to get a good trial and had plenty of time to really get comfortable with it. We were in the pool for 2 hours and really enjoyed it! Tim was our instructor and he was competent, knowledgeable, and clearly passionate about diving and teaching it. The booking was easy and quick. We are definitely going back for more and will offer the experience to friends too. This was a great gift! Thanks to my brothers!"