Newport Scenic Sail
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Monday through Friday - 1:00 PM or 3:30 PM
Enjoy a scenic afternoon sail off the coast of Newport, Rhode Island aboard a classic 80 foot schooner sailboat. There's no better way to experience Newport and Narragansett Bay than on the water!Full Description>
- Sail aboard the Adirondack II, an elegant and smooth sailing turn-of-the-century pilot schooner with just under 2,000 square feet of sail area.
- Leave the distractions of life behind and relax. Feel the wind in your hair as you take in Newport's renowned sights, including: Newport Bridge, Fort Adams, Hammersmith Farm, waterfront mansions, historic lighthouses, and more.
Step aboard the iconic Adirondack II schooner and experience Newport the way it's meant to be seen - on the water!
Once you depart the dock, leave the distractions of life on land behind and experience the joy and peacefulness of a relaxing scenic cruise.
Your friendly captain and crew will provide a light narration about the sights along the way. You can bring food and picnic items aboard. Drinks (wine, beer, soda) are available for purchase. Please do not bring outside beverages aboard.
As you sail through Narragansett Bay, take in the scenery including:
- The Newport Bridge
- Historic lighthouses
- Fort Adams - a 19th century historic military landmark
- Stately waterfront mansions
- Hammersmith Farm - the former summer house of JFK
- America's Cup boats and other performance sailing yachts
You'll be sailing aboard a wooden hull schooner with masts reaching over 70' with just under 2,000 square feet of sail area. The ship is 80' long, with 65' on deck. She's an elegant vessel and very lively under sail.
- Passengers must arrive at the booth at least 30-45 minutes before the departure time
- Beer and wine are available for $3, soda is available for $2 and water is $1 on board (prices are subject to change)
- Experience provider will fill reusable water bottles for no charge at the ticket booth
- Passengers must be 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages and have proper identification
- Passengers may bring aboard food, but may not bring aboard beverages
- The vessel does have a "marine head" style bathroom on board
- Gratuity is not included in the package price
- It is customary to tip the crew if you enjoyed your sail, and please remember to tip your bartender if you enjoyed the service
Maximum Participants57 passengers.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent; however, this experience may go forward in light weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather the sail may be cancelled and you will be rescheduled for another date. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearThe temperature can be cooler out on the water, so dress accordingly. We ask that passengers wear only soft soled shoes such as sneakers, deck shoes, flip-flops or sandals. Don't forget your camera!
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 1 month in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, you may reschedule with your experience provider up to 72 hours prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule in accordance with these terms will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Can we bring our own food or drink on board?
You may bring your own food on board, but personal drinks may not be brought on board. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are available for purchase on board.
Is this a "booze cruise"?
No. While alcoholic beverage are available for purchase and the crew will be serving a few rounds, this in not an unlimited "booze cruise". Your crew aims to create an elegant, relaxing and peaceful experience for all guests to enjoy.
Am I likely to get seasick?
The Adirondack II is a steady, gentle vessel. It is rare for passengers to become seasick. However, if you historically experience seasickness while sailing you may want to explore taking some type of motion sickness medication.
What exactly do we see on the sail?
While each sail may differ due to wind and other conditions, the captain tries to follow the following route: heading south out of Newport Harbor, Schooner Adirondack II passes by a 19th century fort. She then sails out to Castle Hill Light House while passing stately waterfront mansions and seven different yacht clubs. You will enjoy fantastic views of the Newport waterfront on the way back to Bowen's Wharf.
Is there any narration on the sail?
There will be light narration on the sail. The captain and crew will give you some information about the sights you see along the way, but this is a relaxing, leisurely sail on Narragansett Bay.
Is the Schooner Adirondak II safe?
Absolutely. While known for her speed, the Schooner Adirondack II is a safe and gentle vessel. Along with your captain, there is a minimum of two crew members on every sail to make sure you feel comfortable and at home on the water. Water, beverages, blankets, pillows and life jackets are available should you feel you need one. There is also a private marine head (bathroom) and salon below deck.
Is there a bathroom on the boat?
Yes, the boat is equipped with a bathroom that is accessible at all times. It's called a "marine head" and it is unlike the bathroom you use at home. It involves pumping and there are simple instructions posted in the bathroom on how to use it.
Can I stow my belongings during the sail?
There is an area below deck where you may store your belongings. Please keep in mind that this area is not guarded and the crew cannot take responsibility for any broken, lost or missing items.
- Can we bring our own food or drink on board?