Learn to Fly a Plane
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
Experience the thrill of flying when you Learn to Fly a Plane in Sacramento!
- An experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor will teach you the basics of flying
- Begin with a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft and ground school before taking off
- Once airborne, take the controls and fly for approximately 45 minutes from engine start to engine stop
- No flying experience necessary
- Enjoy aerial views of downtown Sacramento and the surrounding California countryside!
Discover the art of flying on this introductory flight lesson with the help of an FAA Certified Flight Instructor by your side!
You'll begin with a pre-flight inspection of the aircraft followed by ground school where you'll learn the basics of flying a plane.
Once airborne, your pilot will hand over the controls and let you fly for approximately 45 minutes. Take in fantastic aerial of downtown Sacramento and the surrounding area when you Learn to Fly!
- Participants must present a valid, government issued ID upon arrival
- This flight will take place in either a Cessna or Cirrus aircraft, depending on availability
- No experience necessary
- Maximum weight per person is 300 pounds
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
DurationYou can expect to be at the airport for approximately 75 minutes with 45 minutes of flight time from engine start to engine stop.
Maximum ParticipantsThis is experience is for 1 participant only.
SpectatorsSpectators are allowed to watch the take-off and landing from the airport.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event that your flight is cancelled, the pilot will work with you directly to reschedule your experience.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed-toe shoes.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hour prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your pilot.
Do I need any flying experience?
No, this Learn to Fly experience is considered an introductory flight lesson. You will have an FAA Certified Flight Instructor coaching you throughout the flight.
How long with we fly?
Flight time from engine start to engine stop is approximately 45 minutes.
What happens if the weather is bad?
Safety is the biggest priority. If your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with your flight instructor.
In what type of plane will I fly?
The flight will take place in either a Cessna or Cirrus aircraft, depending on availability.
- Do I need any flying experience?