- Your tour provider has been guiding California whitewater rafting trips since 1978!
- All rafting guides are both highly trained and knowledgeable professionals
- Each trip includes a complete safety and paddle briefing, lunch, and all necessary equipment
- This is a rafting trip for everyone! No experience necessary!
This rafting experience is exciting and lots of fun, with many memorable rapids.
The river flows through the green and gold foothills of California's Gold Rush Country. While this trip is a great introduction to California rafting for beginners, it is exciting enough though to lure many back year after year.
The South Fork American River is suitable for nearly everyone, including families with kids from 8 years of age, corporate groups and youth groups.
You will meet at 10:30 am and put-in at the Hwy 49 bridge for a 13 mile 1 day rafting adventure. The pace is fairly gentle to start, with some Class 2 rapids to warm up on.
Pull into camp for lunch and after a great spread prepared by your talented river guides, you will launch again and enter the steep granite canyon known as the 'Gorge'. The rapids occur frequently, with Fowler's Rock, the Class 3+ Satan's Cesspool, Bouncing Rock, Hospital Bar and numerous milder but fun rapids.
Your trip ends at Folsom Lake where you are served with ice cold drinks and we return the group to the meeting location, usually by 5:00 p.m.
Escape the daily grind and spend the day on the river!
- All necessary rafting equipment, lunch and on-river transportation from our various meeting locations and back to your vehicle will be provided
- The minimum age for this rafting trip is 8 years
Expect a full day of rafting, approximately 6 - 7 hours.
There is a limit of 6 people per raft plus the guide.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Expect to get wet! Swimsuits and closed toe shoes are recommended. Wet suits and paddle jackets may be rented at time of check-in.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Cancellations made outside 30 days of your trip will result in a full refund less a $15 per person processing fee for each day. Cancellations made inside 30 days of your trip are non-refundable.
Other Sacramento Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Sacramento experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a PlaneFrom: $150Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $350
- Zipline AdventureFrom: $90Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Zipline and Moaning Cavern AdventureFrom: $175Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395
- Moaning Cavern Caving AdventureFrom: $130Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Mammoth Cave AdventureFrom: $99
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $225
- All Sacramento Experiences