Sacramento Walking Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Daily - 1:30 PM
Hungry for an off-the-beaten path food experience in Sacramento? Come explore the "K" Street neighborhood on a food tasting and cultural walking tour.Full Description>
- Friendly and knowledgeable guides will introduce you to the unique and delicious food scene of beautiful Sacramento
- Learn about the intriguing history of California's State Capitol city
- Enjoy farm fresh ingredients that inspire local chefs to create mouthwatering dishes
- Savor 6 delicious food and beverage tastings throughout the tour
Tantalize your taste buds on this delicious 3-hour guided tour through Sacramento, the City of Trees!Key Info>
On this tour, you will see California's State Capitol city in a whole new light. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the "can't miss" eateries and restaurants that even locals will enjoy. Touring the city on foot, you will uncover these "hidden gem" restaurants and establishments that make Sacramento's culinary scene a regional treasure.
Walk along Main Street, enjoying beautiful architecture from the 1800's. Along the way, your guide will share fascinating tidbits of Sacramento's history. Experience the tasty results of the city's urban revitalization while learning from passionate chefs and foodies.
Discover first-hand why Sacramento is called the America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital, as you taste renowned cuisine from eclectic menus boasting locally sourced ingredients.Though subject to change, typical tastings on this tour include:
- Heirloom tomato and provolone with spinach pesto on sweet ciabatta roll
- Wine and cheese pairings from local venues
- Fresh corn tortillas filled with Oaxaca cheese, roasted poblano peppers and sautéed onions
- Roasted Creamy Poblano Soup with Creme Fraiche
- Locally sourced kale and apple salad w/walnuts
- House Mocktail with Fresh Watermelon, Cucumber & Taji Chile
- Dark Chocolate with chilis and mangos
- All food and drink tastings are included
- Participants will be required to walk 2 miles on a relatively flat route and are encouraged to bring a bottle of water
- Participants under 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 21 years of age
- Children are welcome on the tour, but please bear in mind that most children have a limited attention span and a 3-hour walking tour may not be suitable for them
- Please also bring a valid photo ID if you are 21 years of age and would like to participate in the alcohol tastings
- Special dietary needs can be met with prior notice
DurationApproximately 3 hours
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be joined by other participants, for a maximum of 14 per tour. For groups larger than 6 people, please call Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThe tour is held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions and bring an umbrella if necessary. If conditions are too poor to hold a tour, you will be notified of the cancellation and given the opportunity to reschedule.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions. Sunscreen and a hat are recommended during summer months. You will be outside for most of the tour.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no cancellations will be allowed. If needed, you may reschedule directly with the experience provider up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled tour.
How much walking is involved in the tour?
You will walk approximately 2 miles during the course of this tour. There are opportunities to sit at the majority of the stops.
What if it rains?
The tour is held rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the day's weather conditions and bring an umbrella if necessary. If conditions are too poor to hold a tour, you will be notified of the cancellation and given the opportunity to reschedule.
Are there any age requirements?
Children are welcome on the tour, but please bear in mind that most children have a limited attention span and a 3.5 hour walking tour may not be suitable for them. Parents know best and should assess the situation individually. Children ages two and under that will not be eating do not need a ticket. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Is this tour route wheelchair and stroller friendly?
Yes, the 2-mile route follows a wheelchair/stroller accessible flat path for most areas. If you will be using a wheelchair or stroller, please make a note when booking the tour so the guide can accommodate.
What restaurants will we visit?
This culinary adventure includes 6 stops. Participants are given a listing of the day's restaurants at the beginning of the tour. Stops are chosen with a focus on fresh local ingredients. Typical samples sizes are 3-4 ounces.
Is alcohol served on the tour?
Yes, the tour will include a cocktail or wine sample. Participants must be at least 21 years old with valid ID to sample alcohol. If you are a non-alcoholic drinker or under aged, your guide will offer a substitute if you make your wish known at the time of booking.
Will there be bathroom break opportunities?
Yes, bathrooms are available throughout the tour.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
Please note any dietary restrictions at the time of booking. Your guide will work to best prepare for and accommodate your needs.
Special tastings are not available for vegans, gluten free, or lactose free dietary restrictions.
Can I take photos during the tour?
Yes, all participants are welcome to take photos during the tour. Voice and video recording are not permitted.
Can I bring my dog?
No, pets of any kind are not allowed on this tour.
- How much walking is involved in the tour?