- Descend 1200 feet, no cross roads, no turns
- Ride through the transition zone of the Colorado and Mojave Desert
- Cruise through winding narrow walls of Box Canyon
- Finish with views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal and Coachella Valley
Riders are treated to a geologic extravaganza on this 20 mile tour that descends through the heart of the San Andreas Fault zone on a paved road to the heart of grape country near Mecca.
There are no cross roads, no turns, and very little traffic which makes this a relaxing sightseeing adventure. Riders will see the stark beauty of the desert as they descend a total of 1200 feet over the route.
The course takes riders from the transition zone between the Colorado and Mojave Desert, winds its way through the narrow canyon walls of Box Canyon and finishes with spectacular views of the Salton Sea, Mt. San Jacinto, the All-American Canal, and the agriculture of the eastern Coachella Valley.
The tour finishes with a visit to the Oasis Date Gardens for a date shake and restroom break.
Difficulty: Beginner to Intermediate
- Custom fit bicycle for each rider
- A ratio of one tour guide for every 10 riders
- Support vehicle equipped with first-aid supplies, walkie talkies and cell phone
- Snacks and refreshments including: homemade cookies, water, granola bars
- Full water bottle on each bike
- Date shake (Earthquake Canyon Express)
- Custom fit helmets for each rider
- Knowledgeable, professional and enthusiastic tour guides (in business since 1998)
Participants must be at least 10 years of age.
50 riders, 10 per guide.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. No open toed shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3-4 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other San Diego Experiences:(View all 80 San Diego experiences)
- La Jolla Sea Caves Kayak TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 4-half(17)
- San Diego Brewery TourFrom: $135Avg Rating of: 4-half(2)
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $149
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $530
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $120Avg Rating of: 4-half(7)
- Romantic Gondola Cruise (for 2+)From: $130Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $280Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- San Diego Dinner CruiseFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4-half(9)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All San Diego Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"The tour leaders name was Gary. He was really great and added a lot to the experience with his depth of local knowledge. I had a great time. Thanks to the folks in Boulder."
"Thank you for a fantastic and unforgettable bike tour through the desert. . . We had an absolute blast! We felt like we really accomplished something while having a great time. You and your partner were wonderful hosts, and the ride is something we will both reflect on for a long time to come."
"Bill was a fantastic guide during a challenging morning. I really can't imagine someone better. :-) During our ride he also presented a load of background information on historical, geological and botanical aspects of this part of the California desert. Another big thanks for being flexible, providing well maintained bikes, helmets, gallons of water and energy bars"