Learn to Fly
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Daily - 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
If you've ever had the dream of flying, climb aboard this amazing experience and Learn to Fly a Cessna!Full Description>
- Learn from an experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Fly a Cessna 172 and bring a guest along to share the learning experience
- No experience necessary
- Step-by-step hands on lesson teaches you how to use all of the controls simultaneously
- Great introductory experience and first lesson for anyone who's ever dreamed of learning to fly!
Upon arrival, you'll be assigned your own personal FAA Certified Flight Instructor who will provide you an explanation of aircraft controls, the flight instruments and their functions. After walking through a pre-flight safety checklist and checking-in with air traffic control, you'll be ready for take-off!Key Info>
Depending on the weather and air traffic on the day of your lesson, you can choose to spend the duration of your flight in the eastern practice area or spend half of it flying over the San Diego Bay.
This lesson is not to be confused with an airplane ride where one passively watches someone else do the piloting. The whole idea of this introductory flight lesson is to get you to do as much piloting as you can handle.
The flight portion of your learning experience will last approximately 1 hour, and you'll be handling the controls except during take-off and landing. Before and during your flight your instructor will explain and demonstrate the use of the controls, and then you'll take the controls yourself.
Through this flight lesson you'll experience all the different phases of flight, and feel the unparalleled exhilaration and freedom of flying.
- Individual participants must weigh no more than 290 pounds and the maximum combined weight of the student and passenger is 340 pounds
- Students must be at least 14 years old and the passenger must be at least 10 years old
- Participants will be required to present a valid passport or driver's license
- Price includes a logbook and endorsement to record the training, which counts towards the FAA requirements for a pilot's license
- All participants and passengers are expected to be in good general health and not under the effects of drugs or alcohol, and must be physically able to manipulate all of the flight controls
- Experience provider reserves the right to cancel at any time due to inclement weather, maintenance issues, unanticipated scheduling conflicts, or if they deem the customer's physical or medical condition inappropriate for the experience
DurationTotal of 2 hours with approximately 1 hour of ground instruction and 45-60 minutes of flight time.
Maximum ParticipantsThis flight is for 1 student and up to 1 additional passenger as long as the combined weight does not exceed 340 pounds.
SpectatorsYou may bring along a friend or family member to share the learning experience and enjoy the view.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Open toe shoes are not permitted.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 2 weeks in advance for weekend flights, and 1 week in advance for weekday flights.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, you may reschedule up to 14 days in advance. You may only reschedule your experience once, and flights may not be rescheduled beyond 90 days after the originally scheduled flight.
Can I bring a guest along while I fly?
Yes, you may bring 1 passenger along with you on the learning experience as long as the combined weight does not exceed 340 pounds.
Are children allowed?
The student must be at least 14 years of age and the passenger must be at least 10 years old.
What if I tend to get motion sickness or have other health issues?
This flight is not recommended for participants who suffer from motion sickness or medical conditions including but not limited to heart problems, breathing problems, or other conditions which may cause seizures.
Can my guest take pictures?
Yes, your guest may take pictures during and after the flight lesson.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Each participant/passenger must weigh no more than 290 pounds, and their combined weight cannot exceed 340 pounds.
- Can I bring a guest along while I fly?