Gourmet Chocolate Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Wednesdays & Fridays - 10:30 AM
Saturdays - 2:00 PM
Treat yourself to a tour of San Francisco's delicious gourmet chocolate boutiques!Full Description>
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
- Enjoy a walking tour through San Francisco's historic Ferry Building Marketplace to Union Square
- Learn about what makes fine chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends in chocolate making
- Visit 6 of the city's finest chocolate boutiques with generous tastings at each!
Do you love fine chocolate? You've come to the right city, because San Francisco is at the center of the new wave of artisan chocolatiers.Key Info>
The city's chocolatiers are experimenting with high quality beans, new methods of production, exotic fillings and breathtaking packaging.
You'll learn about what makes fine chocolate and sample from a wide array of San Francisco gourmet chocolate boutiques. Your chocolate obsessed guide will fill you in on the history of chocolate, its health benefits and all the latest trends. All while strolling through San Francisco's historic Ferry Building Marketplace, the Financial District and Union Square.
All guests will receive a Chocolate Lover Card entitling you to discounts and VIP treatment at 10 different San Francisco chocolate boutiques.
Visit a variety of chocolate boutiques, which may include:
- Single Origin Chocolate from a new & award-winning San Francisco bean-to-bar chocolate maker
- Infused Chocolates from a beloved local chocolatier who showcases fresh, farmer’s markets ingredients
- Unshelled Truffles from a small, ground-breaking local chocolatier
- Blind Chocolate Tasting from an international chocolate emporium
- Swiss Champagne Truffles From one of Oprah’s favorite chocolatiers
- Aromatic Hot Chocolate and Healthful Chocolate Bars (midweek) from a modern Belgian chocolate maker
- Creamy Chocolate Ice Cream (weekends) from an Oakland based scoop shop
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants will be required to walk approximately 1.5 mile at a casual pace on a relatively flat route
- Tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run
Maximum ParticipantsYou may be accompanied by up to 14 people on the tour.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
What if I have dietary restrictions, am vegitarian, vegan...?
Let us know at the time of booking and remind your tour guide again at the start of your tour. Best efforts will be made to make appropriate substitutions when available.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! Guests are encouraged to take plenty of pictures!
How hard is the walk?
The tour will span roughly 1.5 miles, so participants should be comfortable walking at a leisurely pace. There are no major hills on the tour route.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
What happens if it rains?
Tours are held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. And don't worry, you will stay cozy and dry inside the shops and restaurants.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included and is greatly appreciated. 15-20% is customary in the tourism industry.
- Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?