Learn to Fly at the Big Sur Coastline
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Monterey Peninsula Airport - Monterey, CA
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Discover the unparalleled joy and exhilaration of flight as you take the controls and learn to fly!
- Learn from FAA certified flight instructors from Northern California's leading flight school with over 50 years experience of training
- Hop aboard and fly a Cessna 172 - one of the world's finest training air-crafts
- Fly above California's legendary Big Sur coastline, arguably the most beautiful line of coastal beaches and cliffs in the U.S.
- Get a bird's eye view of sites such as the Monterey Peninsula, Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park and more!
- Would you prefer to sit back, relax and enjoy the sights? Check out our Big Sur Scenic Flight!
Fly aboard a Cessna 172 with a FAA Certified Instructor at your side. You'll start with a guided tour of the airplane and its' controls before taking off for a beautiful flight along the Big Sur coastline.
You'll learn how to manage complex airspace, learn about aircraft flight and have a chance to take the controls yourself.
Your 1.5-hour flight will start with beautiful views of Monterey Bay. Then you'll follow the lovely beaches to the Monterey Peninsula and take in views of the historic Pebble Beach golf course and 17 mile drive.
Then fly over Carmel, Point Lobos and the dramatic Big Sur coast with its mountains dropping straight into the sea. If you're lucky, you might even spot whales or dolphins below in the raging Pacific.
Soon you'll spot Pt. Sur Lighthouse on its lonely rock outcrop attached to the mainland by a sandbar. You may also see a colony of sea lions or seals resting along the coast.
Lastly, you'll head back through the spectacular mountains of Big Sur, crossing Carmel Valley with its farm fields and the Salinas River below you.
Prepare for an unforgettable experience and learn to fly!
- No experience necessary
- Recommended minimum age for the student participant is 10 years old
- Students under 18 must have a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver
- Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds
- Combined weight for 1 student and all passengers cannot exceed 500 pounds
DurationApproximately 2 hours total with 30 minutes of ground instruction and approximately 1.5 hour flight time.
Maximum Participants1 student and up to 2 passengers depending upon option selected. However, the total weight of both the student and the passengers must not exceed 500 pounds.
SpectatorsDepending upon option selected, students may bring 1 or 2 passengers aboard the plane (weight permitting), otherwise additional spectators may come to the airport to watch or take pictures of take-off or landing.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes, and sunglasses are highly recommended. Also, don't forget to bring a camera!
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is there a weight restriction?
Maximum individual participant weight is 250 pounds and the combined weight of all participants cannot exceed 500 pounds.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
It is recommended that students are at least 10 years old. If participants are under 18 years old a parent or legal guardian must join them and sign a liability waiver.
- Is there a weight restriction?