Napa Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
April - October:
Fridays & Sundays - 10:30 AM
November - March:
Sundays - 10:30 AM
Experience the first walking food tour in Napa's Wine Country and see why California cuisine is just as sought after as its wine!
- Your friendly and knowledgeable guides have been featured in USA Today, SF Weekly, The Daily Candy San Francisco and The Wall Street Journal
- Explore revitalized downtown Napa and learn about the history of the beautiful riverfront town
- Delight your taste buds with delicious food tastings and a wine sampling from 7 local proprietors and restaurants
There is more to Napa than just wine tasting! Welcome to the first culinary tour in Wine Country, for those who know that California cuisine is just as sought after as its wine.Key Info>
This tour will delight your taste buds as you explore revitalized downtown Napa with fellow foodies. You'll learn the fascinating history of this beautiful riverfront town, one where celebrity chefs intermingle with organic farmers and boutique winemakers.
Your tour will begin at the new Oxbow Market, where a seasonal bounty of California specialty foods and produce awaits you. Your tour will cross the Napa River and visit 19th century historic buildings that weathered Prohibition to showcase the latest trends in California food and wine.
You'll leave your tour with a carefully curated list of Wine Country restaurant recommendations and recipes for your next meal.
Taste a wide variety of gourmet foods which may include (subject to change):
- A sublime, seasonal selection of the best Californian artisan cheeses
- Breakfast tacos from an innovative and sustainable tacqueria
- Artisan salumi from the "first couple of charcuterie" and organic bread
- Sought after tastes from a historic multi-winery tasting room
- Award-winning California extra-virgin olive oil
- Mediterranean appetizers and a local craft beer
- Wine infused chocolates, brittle and ice cream from local brother/sister chocolatiers
- Participants must be over 21 and have a valid ID to consume the wine tastings
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle for the tour
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants will be required to walk approximately 1 mile on a relatively flat route
- Tours require a minimum of 4 participants to run
Maximum ParticipantsYou may be accompanied by up to 12 people on the tour.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?
Definitely! Locals have a great time on this tour and often attend when family or friends are in town, or when celebrating a special occasion. You'll visit off-beaten path shops and restaurants and learn new things about your city.
What if I have dietary restrictions, am vegitarian, vegan...?
Let us know at the time of booking and remind your tour guide again at the start of your tour. Best efforts will be made to make appropriate substitutions when available.
Are cameras allowed?
Absolutely! Guests are encouraged to take plenty of pictures!
How hard is the walk?
The tour will span roughly 1 mile, so participants should be comfortable walking at a leisurely pace. There are no major hills on the tour route.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes, please let us know when booking your tour if you will have a wheelchair.
What happens if it rains?
Tours are held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. It is recommended to bring an umbrella and dress appropriately for weather conditions. And don't worry, you will stay cozy and dry inside the shops and restaurants.
Is gratuity included?
Gratuity is not included and is greatly appreciated. 15-20% is customary in the tourism industry.
- Are the tours good for San Francisco natives?