North Beach Culinary Experience
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Mondays & Fridays - 3:00 PM
Saturdays- 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM
Your guide will teach about the rich history of San Francisco while you sample various tastings on this North Beach Culinary Experience!Full Description>
- Provider has been named #1 Rated Food Tour company in San Francisco onTrip Advisor, and has also been featured onThe Travel Channel
- Savor 4 delicious samples from restaurants in Little Italy
- Meet chefs, locals, restaurant owners, and industry experts
- With so much history to learn and food to taste, this tour is perfect for both locals and visitors alike!
As you enjoy the delicious tastings, your friendly and knowledgeable guide will offer a glimpse into San Francisco's rich history, amazing food, and unique neighborhoods.Key Info>
The North Beach of San Francisco was known during the Gold Rush for its saloons and shanghaiing dens. Explore the Prohibition-era tunnels, see the Oldest Pizza Oven on the West Coast (1935), and sample the rich cuisine of Little Italy!
You will sample delicious specialties that may include (subject to change):
- Delicious Clam Chowder and oyster shucking demo
- Barbary Coast andouille-wrapped scotch egg at award-winning saloon
- Authentic Italian wood-fired pizza with a glass of Syrah
- Hearty Eggplant Parmesan paired with a glass of Italian Sangiovese
- Watch Italian expert cannoli maker fill your delicate cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe
- Participants must be at least 21 years old
- Valid drivers' license or ID is required
- Participants should be able to comfortably walk 1 mile at a moderate pace
- Participants are encouraged to bring water
- All tastings are included in the price
- Participants with food allergies should inquire about ingredients prior to each tasting
DurationApproximately 3 hours
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 12 people per tour.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis tour will run in mild weather. In the event of severe weather, or if you have any questions regarding weather, contact your experience provider directly prior to the start time.
What To WearWear comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing for the weather conditions. Keep in mind, San Francisco weather can be very unpredictable. It is recommended to bring an ID, water, jacket, sunglasses, and a camera.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. However, rescheduling is allowed with at least 14 days notice to your experience provider.
Are there vegetarian options?
Yes, most dietary restrictions can be accommodated with advance notice. Vegetarian option is available, but this tour is not recommended for vegans or people with gluten allergies. Please note any restrictions at the time of booking.
How far will we walk on this tour?
This tour includes about one mile of walking on a flat route.
Are cameras allowed?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your camera to take and share photos.
Does the tour end at the same place where it begins?
The tours end within a few blocks of the starting point. Your tour guide will be happy to assist with directions at the end of the tour.
Is there a discounted price for children and seniors?
This tour currently does not offer discounted tickets for children and seniors.
Is this tour beneficial for San Francisco natives?
Yes, in fact the tours are geared toward locals since we hope to introduce you to hidden gems in your own backyard, while meeting the chefs, owners and industry experts. Locals have a great time on our tours and often attend when family is in town or when celebrating a special occasion.
- Are there vegetarian options?