San Francisco Segway Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
April through October
Daily - 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM & 4:00 PM
November through March
Daily - 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:30 PM & 3:00 PM
A city as unique as San Francisco demands a one-of-a-kind way to tour it. This fun Segway tour is the answer!Full Description>
- Lead by San Francisco's original Segway Tour company, with over 6 years experience guiding clients on this exciting new mode of transportation
- Visit all the spectacular sites of San Francisco including Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park, Ghirardelli Square, views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf and many more
- Explore this exciting new mode of transportation on this fun and safe outing!
After a 45-50 minute training session on how to safely operate the Segway, you will explore the San Francisco waterfront with a fully narrated tour. Your narrated "Waterfront Tour Route" will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay while you visit:Key Info>
- Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park
- Fisherman's Wharf and its picturesque fishing harbors
- Cable Car turnaround
- Ghirardelli Square, home of delicious chocolates
- National Maritime Museum and the historic sailing ships at Hyde Street Pier
- Spectacular views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Fish Alley, Fisherman's Chapel, WWII Liberty Ship and Submarine Pampanito
- Visit behind the scenes of where the fishing industry, fleet and seafood processing are located
- Dungeness Crab Stands in the historic Fisherman's Wharf
- Must weigh between 100 and 250 pounds
- Participants must be ages 12 and guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Those concerned about mobility issues please call Cloud 9 Living to discuss, we want every rider to have a safe tour.
- Pregnant guests are not permitted on the tour.
- Participants must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without assistance, which requires physical abilities similar to climbing and descending stairs without any assistance or use of a handrail
- Expect to be standing for at least 2 hours
- Wear the helmet and safety vest that is provided with the tour.
- Tour participants will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Attendees must complete the Segway rider training and test ride
- Please respect road signs, pedestrians, bikes and cars for a safe enjoyable ride.
DurationThe tour will last approximately 2 hours with about a 45-minute segway training session prior to tour departure.
Maximum ParticipantsThere will be a maximum of 10 riders per tour.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience typically runs rain or shine, but in the event of severe weather conditions, it may be cancelled. Please contact your experience provider directly with questions regarding weather.
What To WearParticipants should wear comfortable closed-toe flat shoes and certainly no high heels, sandals or flip flops. It is also recommended to wear an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront, shorts and a t-shirt are not a good idea. Each Segway has a small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags. Please leave bulky backpacks at home
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyOnce you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is a Segway? How does it work?
The Segway Human Transporter is the first of its kind - a self-balancing, personal transportation device designed to go anywhere people do. Easy to use and operate, the two-wheeled Segway sports high-tech gyroscopes that monitor your balance 100 times a second and automatically respond to your body's movements. To move forward, the rider simply leans forward. To stop or move backwards, the rider leans back slightly. The rider glides smoothly as the Segway senses where you want to go. The Lean Steer i2 Segways are used on this tour.
Are there any rider requirements?
All guests must be at least 12 years or older and weigh between 100 and 200 pounds. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Guests must be able to easily and quickly step on and off the Segway without any assistance, which requires similar physical abilities to climbing and descending stairs without assistance or use of a handrail. Pregnant guests are not permitted to participate due to fall risk. All guests must be able to stand on the Segway for up to 2 hours.
What should I wear? I've heard it is cold in San Francisco during the Summer.
It can be cold in San Francisco! Dress comfortably and in layers. Highly recommended: Comfortable closed-toe flat shoes (no high heels, sandals, shape ups, z-coils or flip flops) and an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Gloves are recommended during the winter months. With the chilly wind, wet fog and damp environment along the waterfront shorts and a t-shirt alone are not a good idea. Each Segway has a very small handlebar storage bag for cameras, light jackets and purses. Backpacks or bulky bags will not fit in the handlebar bags so please leave bulky backpacks at home.
What if it's foggy or rainy the day of my tour?
San Francisco is famous for the fog! Segway tours run fog, light rain or shine. We always suggest multiple layers of warm clothing for any San Francisco activity. Summer afternoons can be in the 50's. Rain gear is available for those infrequent rainy days. Segways are designed to run in any type of weather, but in the rare case of a tour cancellation due to a severe rain or weather condition, you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Is guide gratuity included in the tour price?
Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price and are completely at the discretion of the guest. Similar to service businesses all over the United States, gratuities are a small part of the compensation the staff receives. If you choose to give your guide a gratuity, it would be much appreciated.
Does the tour make restroom stops?
There are restrooms at the starting location. The tour will make at least one restroom stop on the tour after beginning training.
- What is a Segway? How does it work?