Santa Cruz Food Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
April through September:
Select Fridays & Sundays - 2:25 PM
Hungry for an off-the-beaten path food experience? Come explore the beautiful city of Santa Cruz on this delicious food tour.
- Learn about the history of this city as you stroll through Mission Hill Historic District, past elegant Victorians on Walnut Avenue and explore the downtown central district
- Enjoy 5 delicious tastings at specialty food shops and restaurants
- Great for both visitors and locals looking to experience their city from a new perspective!
Taste your way through downtown Santa Cruz and learn about its' culture and history on this Santa Cruz Food Tour. You'll explore some great Santa Cruz eateries and get a glimpse into local history, culture, and architecture.Key Info>
Starting in Downtown Santa Cruz, you will explore the Mission Hill Historic District, Victorian-lined Walnut Avenue, and the downtown central district.
Your friendly and knowledgeable tour guide will take you to enjoy 5 delicious food tastings at hidden local hot spots and explore history and architecture in surrounding neighborhoods.
Tour includes tastings at (subject to change):
- An organic scratch-made ice creamery
- Award-winning local micro-brewed beer
- Organic and seasonal cupcakes and frostings
- Estate bottle European olive oil and balsamic vinegars
- Mediterranean eatery with the best pizza in town
- Rustic California farm to table cuisine
- Participants are encouraged to bring water in a refillable bottle
- Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy the tour
- Participants should be willing to walk about 1.8 miles on relatively flat terrain and endure 1 hill
DurationThe tour will last approximately 3.5 hours and span roughly 1.8 miles.
Maximum ParticipantsYou may be accompanied by up to 12 other tour participants.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent and is held rain or shine regardless of weather conditions. Always contact your experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for walking and weather conditions.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and have received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no rescheduling or cancellations will be allowed.
Are there food options for special diets or food allergies?
Yes, the experience provider makes substitutions for vegetarians, and diets that are milk, nut, gluten and alcohol free. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or restrictions at the time of booking.
Is this tour interesting for locals, or only good for tourists?
Locals make up 55% of the guests on this tour and they love it. You'll go off-the-beaten-path and the guide will tell stories that are not generally known to locals. The tour offers hidden history and points of interest that locals love to discover.
Can children take the tour?
Parents will know best. This tour is 3.5 hours long and involves walking, standing and listening. Parents should decide on a case-by-case basis whether this tour is appropriate for their child.
Are there bathrooms on this tour?
Yes, there are bathrooms available at each of the 6 tasting locations.
Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Unfortunately this tour is not wheelchair accessible, because of the steep hill we climb and the 74 steps we descend.
How much food is there on this tour?
Most participants are full by the end of the tour and don't eat dinner afterwards. Definitely eat breakfast and a small bite at noon the day of the tour.
- Are there food options for special diets or food allergies?