Sea Kayaking Skills & Safety
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Santa Clara, CA & Larkspur, CA
*Dates for this experience are typically subject to change or availability. Please contact Cloud 9 Living for further information regarding availability at 866-525-6839.
Learn the basic skills and lingo in this Sea Kayaking Skills and Safety course that's not only fun, but will set you up for a successful kayaking career.Full Description>
- Learn from experienced instructors who know the ins and out of the sport
- Master basic skills and techniques in calm and tranquil waters
- Build confidence by practicing various skills and techniques from paddling and capsizing to stopping floods and re-entering!
Embark into the wonderful world of sea kayaking by learning the essential skills for paddling and safety so you can continue to explore with this graceful form of travel.Key Info>
Your comprehensive course takes place on calm water and covers equipment, strokes, bracing, re-entries and paddling technique.
Get ready to enjoy a 6-hour day on the water and leave with the confidence and skill level to get out and sea kayak on your own.
What to Bring:
- Wear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing (shirt, pants, fleece top or sweater, & gloves). Please do not wear any cotton.
- Warm Hat
- Booties, water shoes, or sneakers with wool or synthetic socks
- Consider bringing a tip for your instructor / guide for exceptional service
Level: Recommended for beginners. Participants must be 13 years of age
- Spray skirts
- Paddle jackets
- First Aid and safety equipment
- Experienced, friendly guides
Maximum ParticipantsGroup size may vary.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those booked for the lesson.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing, swimsuit, shirt, shorts, jacket, and a warm cap. Do not wear cotton. We also recommend bringing sunscreen, sunglasses and water shoes or sport sandals.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyOnce you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.