Aerobatic Biplane Ride
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Saturdays and Sundays
*Booking times are on a walk-in basis available from 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM
April through Early-November:
Thursdays and Fridays - 10:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Are you ready for the aerial adventure of a lifetime? Strap on your helmet and climb into the front seat of a vintage biplane for an aerobatic experience you will never forget.Full Description>
- Pilots have over 85 years of flying experience
- Inverts, loops, barrel rolls, hammer heads, & Cuban 8's thousands of feet above the Earth!
- 1941 vintage Boeing PT-17 Stearman Biplane, WWII pilot trainer
- Magnificent views of the stunning Northern California countryside
Feel the wind in your face as you speed down the runway and lift off into the clear blue sky in a 1941 WWII Stearman biplane. The Earth descends below you and you feel the freedom of the open cockpit in this aerobatic flight over the beautiful Northern California countryside.
Once comfortably in the air, your pilot will give you the signal and it's time to hold on. Get ready to experience the thrill of inverting to "down is up"; pull up into a Loop, a Barrel Roll and a Hammer Head - and if you're still "thumbs up" and smiling, you will go into the famous Cuban Eight!
The 20 minute flight takes you over the breathtaking fields and vineyards of Sonoma and the Napa Valley where, from just a few hundred feet above the ground, you can appreciate the rolling hills and acres of green pastures from an inverted perspective!
The 40 minute flight offers 3 scenic routes (weather dependent):
- The Wine Country Tour - Catch an Eagle's view of a world renowned vineyards of the Sonoma and Napa Valleys, heading east across the bucolic Cameros region to Napa, turn north to St. Helena, west to Glen Ellen the back south through the lush Sonoma Valley. Grapes galore
- West to the Pacific - Fly over rolling hills and open pastures of Sonoma, Novato, and Petaluma; then head out to the Tomales Bay and absorb the majestic magnificence of the Pacific Ocean.
- Spires of the City - Drift south towards San Francisco. A panoramic outlook of the Sausalito and Tiburon Harbors; outlying views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands, the circle Mt. Tamalpais en route to Point Reyes and your safe Sonoma return.
Hold on to your hat, because you are about the experience aerobatic flying at its best!
The Boeing PT-17 Stearman is the first aircraft a cadet would fly during flight training prior to and during World War II. Known for its stability and strength, the Stearman was a reliable primary trainer and remains a popular classic today.
Your 1941 Stearman has been modified to accommodate 2 people in the front cockpit. The seat is 32" across so the seating is cozy.
- Participants must be at least 48 inches tall and children under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note the front passenger cockpit is only 32 inch bench seat, so fitting 2 passengers is very cozy
- Due to the volatility of fuel costs, passengers may be subject to a surcharge of up to $25
Duration20 or 40 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected.
Maximum Participants2 per plane
SpectatorsCertainly, there is a picnic area for you to observe from.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers and avoiding windbreakers as they tend to fill with air. A cloth flying helmet and ear plugs are provided. If you would like to take a camera on board, please make sure it has a strap (leash) to secure around your wrist or neck.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is an aerobatic flight right for me?
If you like adventure and the thrill of a roller coaster, you will love the aerobatics.
Can I take control of the airplane?
In the Biplanes, all passenger cockpit controls have been removed to safely accommodate two passengers.
Is it safe?
Safety is always a priority. For 30 years they have maintained a perfect flying safety record and each aircraft is maintained to meet the highest FAA maintenance standards.
Can I bring a camera or camcorder?
Yes! But your camera MUST have a strap. A camera with a wide-angle or panoramic lens is best, but even a throw-away camera will capture this unforgettable experience. A camcorder is OK as long as it is one of the smaller hand held types.
- Is an aerobatic flight right for me?