Sea Kayaking Skills & Safety
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Stevens Creek Reservoir, South Bay & Corte Madera Creek, Marin County
Click Here for Schedule
Embark into the wonderful world of sea kayaking by learning the essential skills for paddling and safety so you can continue to explore through this graceful form of travel.
- Bay Area's outdoor education leader with 21 years of experience
- Comprehensive course takes place on calm water to give you confidence and focus on skill
- Learn about equipment, strokes, bracing, re-entries, paddling technique and wet exists
Embark into the wonderful world of sea kayaking by learning the essential skills for paddling and safety so you can continue to explore with this graceful form of travel.Key Info>
Your comprehensive course takes place on calm water and covers equipment, strokes, bracing, re-entries, paddling technique and wet exists.
Get ready to enjoy a day on the water and leave with the confidence and skill level to get out and sea kayak on your own.
What to Bring:
- Wear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing (shirt, pants, fleece top or sweater, & gloves). Please do not wear any cotton.
- Warm Hat
- Booties, water shoes, or sneakers with wool or synthetic socks
- Consider bringing a tip for your instructor / guide for exceptional service
Level: Recommended for beginners. Participants must be 13 years of age.
- Spray skirts
- Paddle jackets
- First Aid and safety equipment
- Experienced, friendly guides
Maximum ParticipantsGroup size varies
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing, swimsuit, shirt, shorts, jacket, & warm cap rather than cotton. We also recommend sunscreen, sunglasses and water shoes or sport sandals.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyOnce you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.