Tomales Bay Kayak Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Experience kayaker's paradise just a short distance from San Francisco on this Tomales Bay Kayak Tour!Full Description>
- Learn the basics from the Bay Area's outdoor education leader with 21 years of experience
- View wildlife ranging from colorful sea stars in the sea to majestic Thule Elk roaming the hillsides
- Enjoy one of the largest protected bay and coastal areas in California
- No experience necessary
Experience one of the premier paddling destinations in California on this guided kayak tour of Tomales Bay and Point Reyes.Key Info>
Wildlife flourishes in this beautiful Northern California setting. Colorful sea stars slide beneath your kayak while majestic Thule Elk roam the hillsides.
One of the largest protected bay and coastal areas in California, this kayaker's paradise is a short distance from San Francisco and the Bay Area.
Launching from Nick's Cove, you will paddle in stable double sea kayaks, past Hog Island, to the White Cliffs of Tomales Bay, a unique geological formation similar to the White Cliffs of Dover.You will then stop for lunch on a pristine beach that is only accessible only by small watercraft.
This kayak trip is appropriate for beginner and intermediate paddlers in good physical condition.
- No experience necessary
- Participants must be 13 years of age
- Appropriate for beginner and intermediate paddlers in good physical condition
- All equipment is included: including kayak, paddles and life jacket
- It's suggested to bring: water, lunch (sandwich, fruit, energy bars), sunscreen, sunglasses, sun hat, eyeglasses / sunglasses keeper straps, booties, water shoes, or sport sandals, towel and a change of clothes
- Gratuity for your guide is not included
DurationThe duration of this tour is approximately 5 hours (may vary due to tides).
Maximum ParticipantsGroup size varies
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What To WearWear synthetic, wool, or silk clothing, swimsuit, shirt, shorts, jacket, & warm cap rather than cotton. We also recommend sunscreen, sunglasses and water shoes or sport sandals.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyOnce you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.