The Chef & The Dish
Private Virtual Cooking Lesson
Master some of the world's most iconic dishes from the comfort of your own kitchen with this The Chef & The Dish Cooking Class eGift Card!
- Cook alongside world-renowned, international chefs during a private, 1-1 video chat session
- Learn to prepare the classic cuisines of the instructor's own country
- Complimentary kitchen prep session included with all classes
- Diverse class offerings ranging from Cajun cuisine to Japanese Sushi and more!
Classes offered daily
*Pending chef availability
It’s the ultimate night-in. Hang up the keys, open a bottle of wine, and video chat a chef from Italy, Spain, Japan, Hungary (and more!) - all via Skype™. Master the world’s most iconic dishes like Paella, Bolognese Sauce, and Jambalaya, with chefs who live where the recipes originated - in private, 1:1 cooking classes - without leaving home.
- eGift Card has a value of $299 to apply toward the class of your choice
- Classes on the Chef & the Dish website range in price from $299 for a standard class to $329 for a specialty class; recipients will have the option to apply this gift card amount to a specialty class at the time of booking and pay the difference in price themselves
- Private video chat sessions include up to two participants - additional participants may be added for a fee at the time of booking
- Classes last approximately 2-3 hours
- Groceries not included
- Class includes kitchen prep session, 1-1 video session with Chef, and a recipe booklet
- Skype is a registered trademark of Microsoft, Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Prior to redeeming your Cloud 9 Living Voucher for your Chef & The Dish eGift Card, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. This includes the ability to exchange this gift for any other gift or experience offered by Cloud 9 Living. However, once you have redeemed your Cloud 9 Living Voucher and been issued a Chef & The Dish Voucher Number, you will no longer be able to exchange your Chef & The Dish eGift Card for another Cloud 9 Living experience, and no refunds will be given.
The next step is to redeem that Cloud 9 Living Voucher Number on our site so that we can issue your The Chef & The Dish gift code to you. You can do so by selecting "Redeem Voucher" on our homepage or within your Cloud 9 Living account.
There is a wide variety of classes available that will teach you to make the most iconic dishes from around the world. Learn to make Paella with a chef from Spain, Mosaic Sushi Rolls with a chef from Japan, Ragu Pasta with a chef from Italy and so much more! With over 30 classes to choose from, there's a perfect class for every taste and skill level!
Absolutely. There are classes for cooks of all levels. As long as you are willing to learn, your chef will be willing to walk you through it step by step! These classes are private video sessions in the comfort of your own home so don't be embarrassed to ask questions!
Since this is a 1-1 cooking experience between you and your chef, each cooking class is entirely unique. However, classes typically last from 2-3 hours.
No - As long as you have a device that enables video calling and an internet connection... you are good to go! Prior to every class, a Kitchen Assistant will schedule a prep session with you during which you will check over your video equipment and make sure you are ready for your class.
Typically, no. Each chef works hard to ensure that their class can be held using standard kitchen equipment. However if special tools are required, it will be noted in the information for that class on the Chef & The Dish website. In many cases, the chef can tailor the recipe to work with what you have if you are not willing to purchase the item.
No, groceries are not included. You will be provided a shopping list prior to your class and a Kitchen Assistant will be available to answer any questions you might have. Groceries cost about $50 on average, but can vary depending on the class chosen.