Dover International Speedway - Dover, DE
Select dates in 2015 only:
August 7, 8 and 9
Click here for schedule
AM times are 9:00, 10:00 or 11:00
PM times are 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 or 4:00
- Ride in a real, full size, race-ready NASCAR style stock car - the same type of car you see NASCAR professionals racing in on Sundays
- Race with a professional instructor and hit speeds of 120 MPH on this one-mile adrenaline pumping track!
- To Actually Drive The Car Yourself, check out our Drive a Stock Car at Dover experience!
It's time to strap on your helmet and buckle up for your high-speed adventure on a real NASCAR Speedway!
Your expert instructor will take you on the ride of your life as you hit real racing speeds in a 600 horse power Sprint Cup style stock car!
Dover International Speedway
Nicknamed the "Monster Mile", Dover International Speedway is a one-mile (1.6 km) banked oval concrete track. With its shorter length, it boasts intense 24-degree turns and 9-degree straightaways. Experience the Monster in a way you'll never forget!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition, no taller than 6'7" and weigh no more than 280 pounds
- There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons it is required that participants are a minimum height of 5'0" and a weigh at least 100 lbs
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks to enjoy while you are at the track
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
3 or 6 lap packages; time at the track is approximately 2 - 3 hours
1 per car
We encourage friends and family to join you, and they may bring a camera to capture your experience! Limited seating is provided, so we recommend bringing lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in advance, especially if inclement weather is predicted! If inclement weather causes cancellation of your experience, you will be given the option to reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use at a later date; both of these options will be carried out directly with the racing school. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothing depending on the time of year. Closed toed shoes are required (tennis shoes are recommended). Sandals, flip-flops and heels are not permitted.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What is the age requirement?
There is no age limit to ride, however for safety reasons a minimum height of 5'0" and a weight of 100 lbs is required. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must give written consent.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be in good physical condition, be between 5' - 6'7" tall, weigh between 100 - 280 lbs and able to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required for the ride along. However, please have a valid photo ID handy for registration purposes at the track on the day of your experience.
What kind of cars will I be riding in?
You will be riding in real, 600 horsepower Sprint Cup race cars, driven by all-time driving greats such as Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Kevin Harvick, and Dale Jr.
How long will this experience take?
The total experience typically takes no more than 2 hours. However, the exact length of your experience depends on how many other participants are scheduled for the stock car ride along on your particular booked date and time.
What is the policy on rain?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, the racing school will contact you and either immediately reschedule you for another available date, or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at a later date. A refund will not be issued due to rain-outs.
Other Washington DC Gift Ideas:(View all 75 Washington DC experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly in Washington DCFrom: $224Avg Rating of: 5(19)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $183
- Capitol Hill Food TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $220
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Chesapeake Bay Sailing CruiseFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 5(9)
- Private Wine Education TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Washington DC Dinner CruiseFrom: $121Avg Rating of: 3-half(9)
- All Washington DC Experiences