1st Saturday of every month or by appointment with a minimum of 2 people available 10-3 weekdays.
- Intensive, hands-on, 5 hour workshop with world record holder of stunts and special effects
- Get familiarized with firing circuits, detonating methods, pyro compositions, liquid, gas & powder based fireballs and squibs
- Fire off 5 movie style explosions
- Look at movies with a new level of respect and understanding
Steve Wolf, Special Effects Coordinator, has spent 16 years in the movie business. He has designed, engineered, and performed stunts and special effects for feature films and television shows, including The Firm, The Client, The Jungle Book, Cast Away, and even a Whitney Houston video!
He runs one of the most versatile stunt and special effects oriented production companies in the world. In addition to having worked on hundreds of movies, television shows, commercials and music videos, he also hold several world records for stunts and effects.
Now is your chance to work with the best and learn the basics of pyrotechnics in an intense 5 hour workshop. This introductory class in pyrotechnic effects will familiarize you with firing circuits, detonating methods, pyro compositions, liquid, gas and powder based fireballs and squibs.
With your licensed instructor, you'll fire off five movie explosions, and you'll never look at movies the same way. CAUTION: This may be addictive.
Steve Wolf has worked on the following films:
- The Firm
- The Jungle Book
- Crocodile Dundee II
- Cast Away
- A Time to Kill
- Hustle and Flow
- Fast Food Nation
He's worked for ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, HBO, Disney, Paramount, Warner Bros, and more.
Participants must be 18 years of age. Please contact us for groups larger than 5.
Class size may vary
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Sturdy footwear, long pants and shirt made of natural fibers, no Rayon or Polyester. Make sure to bring water, sun screen, brimmed hat and a bathing suit and towel if you want to take a dip in the pool afterward.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Other Austin Experiences:(View all 42 Austin experiences)
- Learn to FlyFrom: $260Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Sunset Sailing CruiseFrom: $210Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Private Dinner Cruise (for 2+)From: $240Avg Rating of: 5(11)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 4(1)
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 4-half(6)
- Learn to Hang Glide ClassFrom: $120Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $195
- Learn to Fly a GliderFrom: $225
- All Austin Experiences
- Gift Certificates
"I had been fascinated with pyrotechnics since I was 5, but I never new there was a real class to learn about it. I took the Pyro Workshop, and now I have a license and shoot shows with a professional crew. This was a real dream come true for me. Now I work for the company that trained me."