America's Cup Sailing Experience
Newport, Rhode Island
May through mid-October:
Click here for schedule
**2017 dates coming soon**
- The America's Cup 12-Meter Yacht is U.S. Coast Guard certified and meticulously maintained to reflect it's prestigious America's Cup history
- Among the fastest mono-hull sailing vessels in the world
- 2-hour cruise combines the history of Newport, Rhode Island with the unparalleled experience of sailing on an America's Cup contender
Not your typical harbor cruise, this cruise combines the history of Newport, Rhode Island with the world-class experience of sailing on an America's Cup contender. Take in historic sights including Fort Adams, the Newport Bridge, lighthouses, lavish estates, aircraft carriers, historic schooners and learn the history of the America's Cup in Newport.
You can choose to either participate in sailing alongside the captain and crew or just sit back and enjoy the beautiful sights. No previous sailing experience is required to partake in the thrill of sailing on the America's Cup 12-Meter Yacht.
Enjoy the scenic views of Narragansett Bay on this fun and unique sailing experience!
- Crew gratuity is not included, but is appreciated
- Guests should be in good physical condition and able to embark and disembark the vessel
There will be a maximum of 15 participants per boat.
This experience is only for those on the boat.
Sails depart rain or shine unless the captain deems the conditions to be unsafe for sailing. If the experience is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be able to reschedule for another date. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear tennis shoes or boat shoes and bring a windbreaker or sweatshirt for comfort.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no cancellations are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can I assist the crew with sailing the boat?
Yes! You'll have the option to assist the captain and crew with sailing this amazing vessel. Alternatively, if you'd rather sit back and relax you're certainly free to do just that. It's up to you!
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $87
- All Boston Experiences
"We sailed in Newport harbor and it was great! It was an interactive experience that gave us a chance to be a part of the action. The experience was flawless."
"The sail through Newport Harbor was beautiful. The weather cooperated (a big plus), and the crew and captain were fun and informative. The boat was a beautiful 12-meter Columbia, very well maintained and comfortable. In all, a night to remember."
"From beginning to end, it was an absolutely wonderful experience. The crew, the yacht, heck even the weather were all stunning. I cannot recommend the 12 meter yachts enough. "