May - November:
Click here for schedule
Ride a high speed catamaran on this Boston whale watching experience!
- Family owned and operated tour with over 80 years experience
- Get up-close and personal with Humpback whales, Fin whales or Minke whales
- Enjoy a first-class experience aboard a high-speed catamaran with 3 outdoor viewing decks and a climate controlled cabin
- Great experience for locals or tourists alike!
Launch from Boston Harbor and enjoy the spectacular experience of whale watching on a high-speed catamaran!
These high-speed catamarans are the fastest and most comfortable way to view the ocean's fascinating and magnificent creatures. Getting to and from the whales quickly ensures more time watching them!
The catamarans feature 3 outside decks for optimum viewing capability. Inside you'll find climate-controlled cabin space with cushioned seating, tables and state-of-the-art sound and video systems.
Professional researchers from the Whale Center of New England, the region's foremost authority on whale populations, are on-board for every trip to provide narration.
- Whale-sighting is guaranteed (otherwise, you will receive a ticket for a free future trip)
- Catamaran has 3 outside decks as well as climate-controlled indoor, cushioned seating
- Food and beverages are available for purchase: sandwiches, pretzels, popcorn, chips, nutritional bars, fruit juice, tea and more
- Alcohol beverages for purchase include a full bar of beer, wine and top-shelf cocktails
Up to 400 viewers per catamaran
Only booked participants on the boat will enjoy this whale watching experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Please dress appropriately for expected weather and bring extra layers in case it gets windy. Sunscreen is recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance of intended date of use.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and reschedule are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I bring?
We recommend wearing comfortable shoes or sneakers and bringing along a light sweater or jacket. Sunscreen and sunglasses are a must, and don't forget your camera or binoculars.
When is the best time to go whale watching?
April through October is great for whale watching. The time of day makes no difference in whale sightings or activity; it is just a matter of convenience for you.
What happens if I go on a whale watch but we don't see any whales?
If there are no whale sightings on your trip, you will receive a free ticket for a future whale watch.
Is there food on board?
A full line of appetizing food and drink is offered aboard the vessel, offering a terrific selection of breakfast and lunch sandwiches, tasty snacks such as hot pretzels, popcorn, chips, nutritional bars, fresh fruit, nuts and cereals. There's also a wide menu of fruit juices, teas, sports drinks and other beverages including a full bar serving beer, wine and top-shelf cocktails.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 84 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $89Avg Rating of: 5(25)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $289Avg Rating of: 4-half(50)
- Boston Wine TourFrom: $66Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Boston South End Food TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 4-half(5)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Learn to FlyFrom: $194Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Fly a HelicopterFrom: $264Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Boston Harbor Sunset CruiseFrom: $53Avg Rating of: 4-half(8)
- Boston Harbor Sunset SailFrom: $110Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- All Boston Experiences
"I thought our guide Orika, was very knowledgeable and very nice., she was very helpful in making sure we got to see the whale and spent adequate time viewing it and learning about it,and as a result, the trip ended up being almost 5 hours, which was fine with us, we also saw dolphins!.....I felt there were too many people on the boat...not enough seating to accommodate outside for the number of people that were on, altho many were inside, but I felt like there were maybe 25 people too many on board., maybe more comfortable with less. Overall, we enjoyed it very much."
"The only issue we had was that the experience description listed light snacks included, however they were only for purchase by cash on the boat. We were disappointed that we didn't bring cash so we could not eat for the duration of the four hour tour."