Intro to Flameworking
Mission Hill - Boston, MA
First Saturday of every month - 9:00 AM
First weekend of every month - 9:00 AM
- Learn the basics of shaping colorful glass over the flame of a stationary torch
- Your skilled instructor will cover studio set-up and safety to ensure you are comfortable with your environment
- With help from periodic demonstrations you will create one-of-a-kind glass pendants, beads and marbles
- If your creative soul is up to building small vessels and sculptures, choose the 2-day course!
Explore the ancient art of glassblowing and harness your creativity to create your own glass masterpieces.
Invented by the Phoenicians in approximately 50 B.C., the art of glassblowing takes hot molten glass and transforms it into beautiful pieces of art and things you use everyday.
This hands-on flameworking course covers all the basics of shaping colorful glass over the flame of a stationary propane/oxygen torch.
With the help of your expert instructor, you will create your own glass masterpieces such as pendants, beads and marbles.
If your creative soul wants to build small vessels and sculptures, select the 2-day course!
- Participants must be at least 14 years old
- All materials are included
- 1-Day courses will take place on the first Saturday of every month
- 2-day courses will take place on the first Saturday & Sunday of every month
You can select from either a 1- or 2-day course, each lasting 5 hours.
9 participants per class
This experience is only for booked participants.
This experience takes place indoors and is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing made of natural fibers (cotton) and comfortable, closed-toe shoes. You will need eye-wear, a bottle of water and a box labeled with your name to pack your pendant.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I wear?
Wear clothing made of natural fibers (cotton) and comfortable closed-toe shoes. Bring a water bottle, a pair of sunglasses and a box labeled with your name to pack your piece.
Are there any age requirements?
All participants must be at least 14 years old for the Intro to Flameworking course.
Is there food available for purchase?
There is no food available for purchase at the workshop. Please feel free to bring snacks as the duration of the class is 5 hours.
When should I expect to pick-up my piece?
Because the pieces need to be fired in the kiln, they will not be ready immediately after the class. Please call our experience provider a day prior to picking up your pieces so they can confirm it is ready. Due to the heavy volume of classes, all pieces must be picked up within 2 weeks of your class date. If you need your piece shipped, there is an additional fee of $20.
Other Boston Gift Ideas:(View all 85 Boston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(25)From: $194
- Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $314
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(14)From: $55
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(27)From: $149
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(50)From: $199
- Boston Wine TourAvg Rating of: 5(21)From: $70
- South End Food Tasting and Walking TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(9)From: $66
- Boston Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 4(15)From: $131
- Gourmet Sunday Brunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $87
- All Boston Experiences