Daily -9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Climb into a state of the art simulator and feel the thrill of flying without ever leaving the ground on the Cessna Flight Simulator experience in Charleston!
- Featured in Cessna Twin magazine, Smithsonian on-line and the Charleston Post & Courier
- Learn how to fly in a controlled environment with a flight instructor by your side
- Lesson takes place in a Redbird FMX, full-motion, FAA approved advance aviation training device
- Unlike any video game, you'll feel what it's like to really fly during the 30-minute flight lesson!
Experience the thrill of flying with a Cessna Flight Simulator experience in Charleston!
A FAACertifiedFlight Instructor will coach you in a full-motion, training flight simulator. The Redbird FMX is a feature-rich, FAA approved advanced aviation training device.
With wrap-around screens, a fully enclosed cockpit, quick-change configurations, scenario based training capability and an electric motion platform, the experience is as close to actually flying as you can get! The 30-minute lesson will teach you the basics of flying one of the most popular training aircraft in the world, the Cessna.
Whether you're trying it for the first time or want to master a flying skill, the Cessna Flight Simulator gives you the best opportunity in a controlled environment!
Merrill Pass Option:
Fly on an exciting mission through Alaska's treacherous Merrill Pass! You'll test your piloting skills as you and your co-pilot fly through overcast with the rising terrain beneath you. This experience is for 2 participants and you do not need simulation experience. Hop in and navigate your way to safety on this exciting aerial adventure!
- No experience necessary
- Flight simulator is used by professional pilot's toward sport or commercial licenses
- All ages are welcome
Lesson is approximately 45 minutes with 30 minutes in the simulator. The Meriill Pass option is approximately 30 minutes in the simulator.
The flight simulation experience is for 1 student. The Merill Pass option is for up to 2 participants.
Spectators are allowed to watch the students flight simulation on a screen.
This experience is indoors and is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing and rubber-soled shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 - 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 48 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 48 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is the difference between the flight simulation and the Merrill Pass option?
During the Cessna Flight Simulation option, 1 student will be paired with a certified flight instructor and learn how to fly a Cessna in a controlled simulated environment. The Merrill Pass option is for 2 participants to enjoy together. No experience is necessary for either option.
Do I need experience?
No flying experience is needed to participate in the Cessna Flight Simulator experience.
Is there a minimum age?
No, all ages are welcome. However, young children will need an adult present with them.
What is the simulator like?
The simulator is a state of the art, full-motion, FAA-approved advanced aviation training device with multiple airplane configurations. This experience simulates flying in the most popular training aircraft, a Cessna.
If I have flown before, can I practice a particular maneuver?
Yes, the flight simulator is the perfect environment to master your flying skills. Let your certified flight instructor know what you would like to work on and they will customize the lesson to your skill level.
Other Charleston Gift Ideas:(View all 15 Charleston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Gourmet Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 2-half(2)From: $65
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $105
- Fort Sumter Sunset Tour & CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $42
- Upper King Street Food and Cultural TourFrom: $61
- Farm to Table Culinary TourAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $66
- NASCAR Ride Along - Myrtle BeachFrom: $89
- NASCAR Drive - Myrtle BeachAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $499
- Surf LessonAvg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $40
- BMW Performance Driving SchoolFrom: $775
- All Charleston Experiences