Monday through Thursday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Fridays & Saturdays - 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Learn the techniques that will open the doors to the world of pottery, as you create your own functional art pieces!
- Private expert instruction by experienced potters
- Learn various techniques including how to throw on the potter's wheel, how to work with slabs, coils and molds
- Connect with your inner artisan in a relaxed and fun environment
These private pottery lessons are designed to demonstrate to the beginner the wide range of techniques clay artists use to make functional and sculptural artwork.
Students will learn through hands on demonstrations how to work with slabs, coils and molds. Basic wheel techniques such as how to center, pull a wall, and how to trim a foot will be demonstrated.
Expand and explore your artistic horizons with your very own private pottery lessons!
All materials are included. The studio is located in the South End area. Participants must be over the age of 16. This class is also great for the individual looking to enhance their existing pottery skills under the guidance of an experienced instructor. Class may be booked in 2 hour increments or 2, 3 hour sessions for the 6 hour package.
2 or 4 hours per class, depending on option selected.
This is a private class.
This is only for the scheduled participants.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Clothes that you would use for gardening are good.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date, cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other Charlotte Gift Ideas:(View all 30 Charlotte experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $130Avg Rating of: 5(15)
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceFrom: $499Avg Rating of: 4-half(4)
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $254
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Soul of the South Food TourFrom: $49Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Race a Ferrari F430From: $398Avg Rating of: 3-half(1)
- Race a Ferrari 458 ItaliaFrom: $478Avg Rating of: 4(3)
- Race a Lamborghini LP 560-4From: $378Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Race a Lamborghini LP 570-4From: $428
- All Charlotte Experiences
"Our instructor "Durleen" was early and let us get started. She took the time to show us around, help us set up, and introduce us to regular students. After the basic instruction she gave help to the other person in my group and let me forge ahead as I have had some previous experience. She answered questions and talked about various techniques. It was a wonderful experience. We had purchased additional time when using our certificate, and it was absolutely worth it! I would recommend this to anyone who has either experienced throwing or even never touched clay before!"
"This was a team member building event for which I only booked and did not attend. However, everyone that was present said it was nice and they really enjoyed the experience. Thank you. "