Chicago River - Chicago, IL
May - October:
Wednesday through Sunday - 10:00 AM & 3:00 PM
- Brief introduction to kayaking so everyone feels comfortable in the boat
- See historic buildings designed by some of architecture's most famous names including Frank Lloyd Wright, Louis Sullivan, Mies van der Rohe, and others
- Explore the city from a completely different perspective
- No experience necessary
There is nothing more unique and educational than a kayak tour down the Chicago River.
The tour will begin with an orientation for paddle stroke technique and the rules of the river.
You will then paddle your own kayak down the architectural canyons of the Chicago river while learning river history, viewing interesting architecture and stopping over historical spots along the way.
This is a water tour, so you will get a little wet from the drip of your paddle.
- Basic athleticism and kayak skills are recommended
- All equipment is provided
- You will choose a single or double kayak upon arrival
- Kids must be at least 12 years old to paddle on their own, otherwise any age can paddle in a tandem with an adult. All children under the age of 18 must have their parents sign the waiver for them.
3 hour paddle
You will be part of a group where the typical size varies between 10 to 50 people.
Only booked participants are allowed on this tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
You will be on the water, so come prepared to possibly get a little wet. Dress casual, jeans are not recommended. Bring a towel, and a change of dry clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 10 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 10 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I bring?
You can bring fluids and snacks if you wish, also a camera is great to bring while your out on the water.
What if I don't want to bring my keys or other valuables with me while kayaking?
There is free storage at each of the locations, in case you want to leave something behind, or don't want to get it wet.
Is alcohol allowed on the tour?
For your own safety, there is no alcohol allowed in the kayaks.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 72 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(8)From: $375
- NASCAR Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(66)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"It was a beautiful day on the Chicago River, had a blast! "
"The kayak tour was awesome! It got tiring towards the end, but our tour guide pulled us the whole way back to the beginning! He was very funny and informative!"
"We had a lot of fun. It was a great experience. Very easy and fast booking experience."