Chicago River - Chicago, IL
May - October:
Fridays - 8:00 PM
- Casually paddle across the waters of the Chicago River into the night
- See Chicago and the city lights like you've never seen it before
- Guides are American Canoe Association Certified Instructors
- Brief lesson on kayaking so everyone feels comfortable, no experience necessary
Paddle through the twinkling city on the Chicago River to see the city lights and enjoy the peacefulness of the river by night.
Start with an orientation on paddle strokes, basic safety and rules of the water and then hop in your boat as our guides lead you through the city.
This is one kayak experience you will never forget.
- Some athleticism and basic kayaking skills are required
- Lights are included, but it is recommended to bring an extra flashlight
- You will kayak 6 miles round trip
- Choose a single or double kayak upon arrival
- Kids must be at least 12 years old to paddle on their own, otherwise any age can paddle in a tandem with an adult
- All children under the age of 18 must have their parents sign the waiver for them
3 hour paddle
Up to 12 people per guide
Only booked participants are allowed on this tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
You will be on the water, so come prepared to possibly get a little wet. Dress casual, jeans are not recommended. Bring a towel, and a change of dry clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling a date and confirming a booking for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 10 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 10 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What should I wear?
Come prepared to get a little wet from the drip of your paddle and be out in the sun. Dress for the weather. Lightwieght, synthetic clothing is best. You can bring cameras, but they do have the possibility of getting wet, so bring a water proof bag.
What should I bring?
Bring fluids and snacks if you plan on being out for an extended period of time. A camera is great to bring when you are out on the water, we recommend having it in a water proof bag. We highly recommend staying hydrated, bring ample water, to reduce heat exhaustion.
What if I don't want to bring my keys or other valuables with me while kayaking?
There are storage cubbies at the starting location in case you want to leave something behind, or don't want it to get wet. Anything you bring on the water has the potential to get wet. There are zip lock baggies available to you, keep in mind, they are water resistant, not water proof. There are water proof dry bags available for rent.
What if it rains?
The guides make the call on weather at the time the tour starts. Predictions don't mean anything in Chicago, so come prepared to paddle. If at the time the event begins, there are any signs of severe weather, the tour will then be canceled and rescheduled. If the tour is canceled due to weather, you will have a rain check to reschedule for another date of your choice.
Other Chicago Gift Ideas:(View all 73 Chicago experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 5(28)From: $219
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(9)From: $375
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $109
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 4-half(14)From: $488
- Walking Food Tour of ChicagoAvg Rating of: 4-half(67)From: $50
- Architectural Kayak TourAvg Rating of: 5(12)From: $76
- Sunset PaddleAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $65
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Chicago Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 3-half(13)From: $136
- All Chicago Experiences
"The instructors were helpful. They clearly knew lots about the city, but only shared a little. One story of the loss of the SS Eastland ship was fascinating and well told. More of this would have been great."
"It was beautiful! Thank You!"