Launch site is 1 hour south of Breckenridge, CO
*You can meet at a central location in Breckenridge and be transported to the launch site or meet at the launch site in South Park Valley
Mid-May through September:
*Pending weather and pilot availability
- FAA Certified Pilots have over 60 years of combined hot air ballooning experience
- Take in the stunning views of the Colorado Rockies
- Provider featured on The Today Show and MSNBC's Great Escapes
- Enjoy a continental breakfast and champagne toast upon landing!
Your true mountain balloon adventure begins at sunrise amidst the crisp clean air and deep blue skies of the South Park Valley located high in the central Rockies.
You will take in amazing views of the Colorado Rockies as you fly from tree top level up to several thousand feet while traveling 2 to 10 miles. The FAA Certified Pilots have over 60 years of combined hot air ballooning experience.
During your flight you will be serenaded with classical music as your certified pilot explains the history of ballooning and points out prominent scenery.
Experience some of the highest altitude hot air ballooning in the country with a launch site at 9,000 feet above sea level. Your balloon adventure will provide you with spectacular 100 mile panoramic mountain views.
Prominent scenery may include views of the Continental Divide, Mosquito Range, Sangre De Cristo mountains, Sawatch mountains, Mt. Elbert (the highest peak in Colorado at 14,433 feet), Pikes Peak, South Park Valley, Collegiate Peaks, vast rolling hills and Colorado native wildlife.
After the flight, you'll pack up and return to the launch site for a traditional champagne toast and continental breakfast.
Get ready for an aerial adventure you will never forget!
- Participants must be between 5 and 80 years old
- For safety reasons pregnant women and people on supplemental oxygen or who have trouble breathing at high altitudes cannot fly
- Round trip transportation is provided between Breckenridge and the launch site
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and snacks are offered upon arrival at the launch site
- Post flight traditional ballooning ceremony includes your choice of champagne, mimosas or sparkling cider
- Continental breakfast includes eggs, bacon, french toast, hash browns, muffins and fresh fruit (subject to change)
The experience will take a total of 3 hours once you arrive at the launch site, with approximately 1 hour of flight time.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 12 per balloon. For groups larger than 4 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Sunglasses and a hat are recommended. Please do not wear sandals or open-toe shoes. Athletic shoes and socks recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Why are the flights sunrise only?
The flights take place only at sunrise because that's the only time of the day in Colorado when the winds are calm and stable enough for safe ballooning.
What is the meeting time in the morning?
The exact meeting time varies throughout the season depending on the time of sunrise. However, it is usually between 5:30 AM and 7:00 AM. The actual meeting time will be given at the time of your reservation.
How does if feel to fly in a balloon?
It can be characterized as surreal. There is no sense of motion as the basket hangs motionless in the air mass in which it is suspended.
Is it cold in the air?
Actually at sunrise it is not uncommon for it to be slightly warmer in the air than on the ground due to a temperature inversion at that time of the day.
How far/high do we fly?
Because ballooning is 100% weather dependent no two flights are identical. Typically our flights take us from the treetops up to several thousand feet and travel approx 2-10 miles. Our highest flight has taken us over 7,000 feet above ground level.
How do you steer a balloon?
The only way to steer a balloon is by finding different wind directions at different altitudes. Our pilots are specifically trained for mountain flying and are extremely skilled at navigating the balloon.
Are the pilots certified?
Yes! The pilots are commercially licensed with thousands of hours of mountain flying experience. They area also fully insured and all of the equipment is inspected and certified in accordance with FAA guidelines.
Can I bring my camera?
Yes! Cameras and video cameras are welcome.
How do hot air balloons work?
Hot air balloons rise because the air inside the balloon is warmer than the surrounding air and the resulting pressure differentials produce an upward lift.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)From: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(12)
- Front Range Balloon RideFrom: $249Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Rocky Mountain Balloon RideFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Guided ATV Tour (for 2+)From: $350Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Clear Creek Rafting - Half DayFrom: $78
- All Denver Experiences
"We had a great time and the hot air balloon ride in the Rockies was an experience we will never forget. We will look forward to another adventure through Cloud 9 in the future."
"This balloon trip was our first and the most fabulous scenery ever. The hospitality was tremendous. Thank you our new friends."