Whitewater Raft The Numbers
Buena Vista, CO
May through Mid-August:
Daily - 8:30 AM & 12:30 PM
- Your guides have been voted "Best of Summit County" in 2008, 2009 & 2010 and have over 14 years of experience
- Charge down 8 thrilling section of rapids, ranging from Class III - V
- Includes wetsuit, splash jacket, helmet, life jacket and a paddle
- Experience true whitewater thrills in beautiful Colorado!
The original whitewater pioneers who first ran this section of the Arkansas River didn't bother to label these rapids with intimidating names, they simply numbered them. Hence, "The Numbers"!
However, these rapids are so thrilling you might lose track counting off the 8 sections of exhilarating Class III-V rapids on this half day adventure. Between each major section of rapids you'll experience continuous whitewater, including a steep ledge drop into the number 5 rapid.
Prepare for a fun and exciting day rafting the Arkansas River, surrounded by stunning rock canyons and beautiful scenery.
- Rapids range from Class III-V
- Participants must be at least 15 years old and in good physical condition
- This is an "advanced" whitewater rafting experience, and your guides reserve the right to change the minimum age requirements depending upon water levels
Approximately 2 - 2.5 hours
Up to 7 participants per raft.
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Expect to get wet! Wear a bathing suit, sunscreen, and shoes that stay securely on your feet. Flip flops are not allowed. Wet suits, splash jacket, life jacket, helmet & paddle are all provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling may be allowed, however rescheduling within 14 days of your experience and outside 48 hours before the trip will result in a $10 per participant change fee, and no rescheduling will be allowed inside of 48 hours of your experience.
What if it rains?
This experience is weather dependent. If it is cancelled due to weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Are there any restrictions?
Participants must be at least 15 years old and in good physical condition. This is an "advanced" whitewater rafting experience, and your guides reserve the right to change the minimum age requirements depending upon water levels.
What class rapids will we do?
Rapids range from Class III-V.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences
"We rafted The Numbers. It was great and our guide was fun. Almost bounced off the raft a few times which made it thrilling. They supplied all the equipment that we needed. The water was about 50 degrees so don't skip the wet suit. "
"I have had many "Experiences" with Cloud 9 and have never been disappointed. You obviously do your "homework" in selecting the outfitters/providers because they are always FIRST CLASS. I could get lucky and find them without Cloud 9 but when I book with you, I know that your selections are based on research, not luck! AVA is a first rate outfitter with very experienced river guides and good equipment. When you are doing Class V's, it is good to have someone in the raft that knows what they are doing because if you go out of the raft, it is a long, rocky way down stream to get back in. "